I've been a neglectful blogger, so I thought I'd try to wrap up some of what's been happening around here and what we're planning on soon!
Looking back...
-The day after my needing to be more present post, Addie had her worst.public.tantrum.ever. It was time to leave Ross and we were with her cousins, and I picked the wrong time to get her out of their cart and into ours so we could go load up in the car. She was asleep within 10 minutes of getting home, but it was an unbearable 30 minutes of crying. Nothing to help me be present like a good cry (for both A and I!).
-Sam has started trying to sing this past week and it is hilarious. I love when babies are picking out tunes. Old McDonald is becoming recognizable. Other current Sam cuteness includes folding his arms for prayers (and throughout the day which has led to lots of spontaneous praying- never a bad thing, I suppose!), abandoning his high chair to sit at the table with us for dinner, and being a magnet to every mud puddle at playgroup last week. He is such a boy and continues to melt my heart.
-A quiet weekend was just what I needed! I actually cooked all of our meals at home this weekend, which is a rarity for us- we're usually out to eat at least once on the weekends, so it felt like an accomplishment. I had some good talks with some friends. I went for a run Saturday night (did I tell you I've started running again? Because I have, and so far so good- 5k here I come!). I worked in the yard and did some laundry. So nice to not have much on the schedule.
-When Addie is not driving me to tears (which luckily only happens a few days a week) we are having so much fun. Her latest imaginary friend is "Uncle Mike," Pat's uncle who passed away a few weeks ago. It's interesting to see how she's processed this as she talks about the things she likes to go do with Uncle Mike. She actually never really knew him when he was alive, which makes it all the more funny.
She's also obsessed with doing the thumbs up sign, but she doesn't know that's what it's called. Last week she told me during dinner "Mom, put your thumb like this (in the thumb's up position) because this dinner is deee-licious." She also recently told me she wasn't hungry, just drinky. She loves to be silly.
Looking forward...
-Pat is taking some vacation time this week- hooray! We have plans to explore some local outdoor beauty, go to a museum, and jaunt to Park City with Pat's family for a couple of days to celebrate his parents 40th anniversary. Hooray for time off- I can't wait.
-I'm looking forward to more runs this week. We're upping the run time, so I hope I'm up to the challenge. I'm also looking forward to starting to see more benefits. I can't wait for my body to feel a little more good looking.
-Our dry pack canning Enrichment night is next week. I'm excited to work on more food storage and have my first dry pack experience. I hope all goes well- if you have any canning tips, please feel free to share.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Your kids are so cute and hilarious! What 5K are you going to run?
Drinky.. HAHA!
you are ambitious christina! your week sound fun and fulfilling. glad your kids keep you busy, smiling and happy:)
Busy times for sure. I love that you're running again -- hang in there. you can totally do it.
I'm excited for your 5K! Go Christina!
Spontaneous prayers and thumbs up signs cracks me up!
This post really gives a glimpse into your life!
Have fun at the cannery. Make sure you wear a hairnet!
I heard that you guys rocked the 2 min run schedule. It is KILLING me that I haven't been there. The thumbs up story is so darling. I can't believe the bird problem! Good luck with that!
Post a Comment