
...Birthday to my blog! It's been a year since I started, and although there are definitely times I've grown a little tired, I'm glad I have a record for my family, thoughts, ideas, etc. I've made some great friends. I've caught up with old friends. I've stayed in touch with friends who I've lost touch with in the past. I've made great recipes. I've made fun crafts. I've tried new restaurants. I've found great sales. I've gained spiritual insights. I've felt validated in my job as a mom. I've felt connected to people I've never "met" but who are in the same circumstance doing the same things facing the same struggles. It's amazing how comforting and motivating it is to read about others experiencing the same things. I now read more blogs than I'd care to admit on a plethora of topics from decorating to motherhood to cooking to design to weddings, but I think my favorites are the ones that share it all. I'll do a post with some of my must-reads next week.
To celebrate, I'd love to have a big party. Wouldn't that be fun? A summer garden party sounds lovely with dainty salads and sandwiches and pastries and flowers everywhere and fresh lemonade. While a party to gather everyone is a little unrealistic, I have something else in mind.
I think this calls for a giveaway! Once again, I'll customize my prize for the winner, but if I were to give you a sneak peek it would most likely include a few of my favorite things like stationary, treats, and great ETSY finds. Enter by July 31st and I'll announce a winner or a few next Friday. Love the element of suprise- unsure of the number of winners, unsure of the prize- makes you want to enter, eh? Nothing like a little spontaneity in blogging. If you've never commented, no time like the present. Hope you all continue to read How We Felt. And don't worry, our feelings aren't going anywhere. Cheers to another year of blogging, or another 10!
(image via flickr, of course)

20 comments:
Yay! Happy birthday to your blog! Love it -- I feel the same way you do.
Happy Blogiversary, Christina!! Meeting you is one of the best things that came out of me starting to blog. I love reading you blog and learning from your insights!!
I'm new to this giveaway thing...is all I do is make a comment?! Sounds fun! I love your blog! It's one of my favorites!
Ha! I can't believe it's been a year! I feel like I've known you so much longer than that. Crazy.
I love your customized gift idea. Good form. :)
Happy Blogger Birthday Ms. Felt! It's great to be a blogger, and it's awesome to read your blog!
happy birthday to your blog! I am so glad I have gotten to know you through it. :) You have definitely enriched my life!
Wait a second.....You know people only from their blogs that you have never met in real life? Now this is a part of blogging I have yet to experience. So, like, you guys communicate through comments or something? I am totally interested and a little shocked. We will have to talk more about that later. And a giveaway? Look at you. You are a blogger extraordinaire! So much I have yet to learn about you, Christina!
Congrats to keeping this up!
I continue to love your posts-learning about you and your family.
You are a great mom & wife! I appreciate your devotion to your faith, your calling and all the good you have in your life.
Keep it up!
and Happy Blurthday! (?)
I wish I would have thought of something cute like this to do on my 1 year blogiversary! I love reading your blog...even if I don't comment, I'm bad at that!
But I love a good give away!
Has it been a year already? WOW! Happy Blog Birthday! Thanks for your inspirations and insight!
Happy Blog Birthday!! I'm gonna have to go look to see when I started mine now. A giveaway?? WAHOO!!
Love your blog! Love the design. Love the posts. Love your attitude. Happy anni!
hip hooray. a blog birthday for you. hope you get some cupcakes. xo.
Hey C! So, am I just supposed to comment to enter the giveaway? If so, I guess I've officially entered :)
Happy, happy birthday blogger, dear!
Your blog is so cute Christina!
Happy anniversary to your blog! Your giveaway sounds mighty fanstastic.
Happy Blog Birthday!!! I Love giveaways-and wish I were creative enough to come up with one!!! :) Or had enough readers to have one :)
Thought that I'd check in and wow, just in the nick of time. Happy Blogiversary!
Congratulations on your blog anniversary! I really enjoy reading it and seeing what is going on with the Felts.
Happy blog birthday to my blogging mentor (among other things!) You know you want to pick me!! Just do it!
Post a Comment