Thursday, July 24, 2008

Christmas in July

So, since I'm totally on the ball in every way (bwah-ha-ha-ha) I just recently unloaded a few hundred pictures off our camera, dating back to early December. For posterity's sake and for some cold thoughts to help us all escape the heat, I thought I'd share a little Christmas in July. When we were young and growing up without a/c I remember my brothers and I watching Christmas movies (Frosty, Rudolph, Charlie Brown, and White Christmas to name a few) in the summer to cool off- for some reason seeing snow seemed to help us feel cooler, especially if we ate a popsicle while watching. Hope you enjoy a little trip down memory/Santa Claus lane.

Addie stars in her own version of A Christmas Story. The cheeks, the puffy coat, the squinty eyed smile, it's all too funny and cute. A face that only a mother could love, right?
Sam was pretty much not too interested in opening presents this year. Imagine that, he wasn't even one yet. I call this time for my kids their "box Christmas" when the boxes are more important than their contents. Here he is pulling up on Pat's leg and trying to climb up for this pic. High quality photos here, people. And notice his orange nose- this was in the height of his sweet potato baby food love affair.

A shot of lower undecorated tree branches (I do have young kids, you know) and Addie opening her first pair of safety scissors as well as struggling with some wrapping paper. I never got a full tree shot this year, so just imagine that tree as it keeps on going for another 8 feet or so outside of the picture. I decided not to include too many pictures of opening presents. Really, you're not missing too much. Remember that we were unemployed and my kids don't care about big present yet. ;)

In case you haven't sufficiently cooled off yet, here's a snow shot. Chronologically, I don't think it's even from Christmas Day. You probably wouldn't have known had I not said that unless you realized, "hey wait, was Christmas that snowy this year?"

And now, I hereby promise to blog about holidays in a more timely manner.

Sincerely,
Management


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Oh, I loved it! I'll be posting the rest of our trip to Hawaii someday....Lucky, you! You're all caught up now!