Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday-Pioneer Day Edition


1. I'm thankful I wasn't a pioneer. I don't think I would've made it across the plains. I'm thankful for hot showers and toilet paper and comfortable shoes. Trials are always hard, but (for the most part) I'm glad my trials are mine.
2. I'm thankful Pat has the day off again today! And that we have absolutely NO plans. A little housework/yard work, maybe some playing in the water, and relaxing together is just what the dr. ordered.
3. I'm thankful for my improving knee. I'd had enough of being cooped up, so I decided to meet my running friends for their cool down walk tonight. And miraculously, I don't hurt today. In fact, my knee hasn't felt this good for the past 2 weeks! Hopefully this means I'll be back to running soon, and just icing after running to make sure things don't get too bad. I didn't think this would get better without a trip to the doctor, so I'm really grateful I've seen such improvement the past 2 days! Now I'm just praying it continues.
4. I'm thankful that our dry pack canning activity is done! We canned 299 cans of sugar, wheat, flour, beans, and rice. About 20 people have a little more food storage in case of an emergency. And although it was exhausting, I'm glad that we pulled it off successfully!
5. I'm thankful for family support. My in-laws watched my kids for at least an hour the past 3 days in a row. They fed us dinner each of those nights. I didn't think it would turn out that way, but they really stepped up when I had things going on at church, and I know that I'm really lucky to have them so close and so willing.
6. I'm thankful for good friends and a little girl time. It's amazing how recharged I can feel after a good conversation. Especially when things are just a little blah, it's so nice to have friends who can make me feel so much better about life.

5 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

HA! Your Christmas post totally cracked me up. I am loving Addie's coat picture.

And I'm so glad I'm not a pioneer!

carey said...

Oh man, I'm thankful I wasn't a pioneer either. I don't think I would have ever ever survived. :) Happy 24th!

Candis Ellis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candis Ellis said...

So, agreed, being a Pioneer would have absolutely sucked. I would have been the one who tripped on a sage brush the first week and just said "go on without me..." What amazing people! Also, what wonderful news about your knee!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to have you trogging along with me (maybe in the rear, if I'm lucky?) Can't wait for the weekend--SO glad you are my friend!! You are so great! Just thought you should know.

P.S. Last comment was deleted due to an overage of spelling errors.

Bonnie said...

Happy 24th!! I'm glad your knee is hopefully still getting better! So glad I wasn't a pioneer either...I think they would have gotten sick of my complaining and shot me to put everyone else out of their misery!!