It used to be when anyone asked what my favorite season was, I'd reply summer without hesitation. As I've become an adult (ha- whatever that means:) ) I've gained more of an appreciation for all the seasons, but summer is really winning me over this year. Maybe because of the "lazy days of summer"- I can do nothing all day and feel justified, because hey, it's summer! Maybe because of the increased time we've been spending outside, and how much I love watching my kids enjoy it. Maybe it's because it's so much easier to be active and eat healthier, which in turn makes me a happier person (so why don't I do those things year round?). Maybe it's because it seems extra appropriate to blast music and have fun (again, why don't I do that year round?). Maybe because of the flowers in bloom and the inspiration that I feel is everywhere I turn (inspiration for what I'm not sure since I'm not the craftiest gal, but the explosion of color does leave me feeling inspired to do something crafty).
Speaking of flowers,
Tib was asking about what my favorite flower was for her My Favorite Monday post today. I love flowers (honestly, what girl doesn't?) and I saw many of my favorites on friends blogs today (peonies, tulips, and hydrangeas to name a few. I thought I'd share my latest favorite- ranunculus.

It's so delicate but full, has such personality, and comes in some of the greatest hues. I tried to load more pictures but blogger wasn't cooperating. Images found via
flickr, and who knew they had a whole group of ranunculus pics? Check it out.
And keep enjoying summer. I know I sure am!
9 comments:
I love summer, too. Something about just doing something outside makes you just feel good and healthy!
LOVE this flower too. So unpresumptuous and cute.
and feeling the same of summer. it is the season of the moments!
Oooo fantastic flower! Great pick!
Thanks for sharing and playing :)
And keep enjoying summer!
I love those too! Beautiful!
Beautiful flowers! I too love summer -- there's just something about it that speaks to me way down deep. Love it!
I LOVE flowers! It's something I don't think about too often until I'm presented with them OR I tune out the world and find beauty in flowers by the road.
Wow, I've never heard of that flower. It's gorgeous! I am learning to love summer too (100* heat and all).
Love that flower! So so pretty. :) Mine has to be the tulip. I wish they lasted longer...
you are such an inspiration! I have found that rinoculous make beautiful headband flowers for girls... got a few in our stash :)
Post a Comment