Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful Thursday

- I'm thankful for listening ears. I've kind of had a sub-par week. I'm grateful for the friends who've let me talk through some things. I'm not all the way back to good, but I'm closer. Talking has definitely helped.

-I'm thankful that Pat refilled the tires on my stroller so I can hit the pavement tomorrow. I've missed walking with the occasional jog thrown in over the past few days. I need to keep my momentum going with the whole weight loss thing.

-I'm thankful Sam is not deathly ill. I was trying to think of something good about the diarrhea, something I've been grateful for along the way. The diapers, the ointment, really nothing was doing it for me. But then I realized he could be much much worse. A little perspective goes a long way. I'm hoping Mr. Poopy Pants will soon be a distant memory.

-I'm thankful for my car. It's been a year since we bought it, and I haven't had one complaint. I've enjoyed our seating for 7 a few times. I'm grateful we could plan ahead and buy a car we could grow into. I'm grateful it's under warranty. I love how nice it is when I clean it out (a task on my to-do list currently) and get it washed. I'm grateful that car loans are a lot shorter than mortgages.

-I'm thankful for one less calling. We got a new visiting teaching coordinator called. This is my last month doing assignments and the report and I am so excited.

Thanks to Tib for the banner.

3 comments:

Lupe said...

Happy Thankful Thursday! Praying Sam will be getting better soon. :)

tiburon said...

Fantastic list. I hope that Sam is feeling better!

Jan said...

I loved your list. Thanks for sharing!