I am so thankful it's Thursday because it means I'm only about 3 days away from my two weeks of stress being over! Thanks again to Tib for the banner.1. I'm thankful for a good husband. Last night all the stress/overload of the past few weeks came to a head, and I cried it all out. Pat was there the whole time, and when I offered to go to the couch so my sobs wouldn't keep him up, he just held me tighter until I was done. And then he called this morning to see how I was doing. And when I talked to him tonight he suggested we grab a bite to eat and take it to the park to let the kids play. It was just what the doctor ordered. I'm grateful he's in tune with my needs.
2. I'm grateful for support of friends and family. Monday's party was a success, but it wouldn't have been without Pat's dad coming to help us landscape over the past few weeks. Or his mom coming to help me shred pork for the pork tacos. Or my sister-in-law making the lime bundt cakes so I had one less thing on my list. Or my friend Candis for pulling out her event-planning skills and helping to decorate and pull together all the details. I feel like in the current stage of my life I don't have tons of friends as I have in days gone by, but the ones I have are high quality. I am thankful for a support system.
3. I'm thankful for my new calling. As overwhelmed as I've been, I keep recalling parts of the blessings we received while being set apart, and I know we are all where we're supposed to be. I have never been in a presidency without experiencing tremendous amounts of growth and blessings, even though it's hard. I'm grateful to know that I'm in for a lot of hard work, but a lot of growth.
4. I'm grateful for my beautiful kids. Part of last night's breakdown included my annual feeling like I'm not a good mom cry. The responsibilities are so great. It's a hard job. It's a task I rarely feel equal to. As I've been reading to prepare for my talk this Sunday, I've almost felt worse realizing all the ways I'm "failing." But in my heart I know that I don't have to be perfect to be a good mom. And I know that if I'm trying the Lord will magnify my efforts. And I'm blessed to know that my kids still love me even when I think I'm not doing a good job. And Addie tells me she loves me. And Sam hugs me. That's all I need.
5. I'm grateful that our backyard is so close to being done, or at least as done as it may get this year. It looks so nice! I actually want to spend time there. Seeing the slew of kids running around Monday night reminded me that all the hard work was worth it. Kids need a place to just run around. The world is a beautiful place, and we can create our own beautiful places in the world. What a blessing!
6. I'm grateful for the opportunity to attend two sealings this weekend. To see two sweet friends begin on this beautiful journey to an eternal family. To remember my own sealing almost 6 years ago, and to be in the temple with my eternal companion. To feel the peace that will most assuredly be there.

6 comments:
I am sorry you have had such a stressful week and sorry about abruptly ending our phone call tonight. I am not used to this single mothering thing yet and can't do more than one thing at a time. ;) Can't wait for our unplanned get together. I am dying to see you two again VERY soon!
Christina, what a lovely list. Oooh, and a guy who knows just what to do when you cry it out-- he's a keeper!
You are surviving, and surviving beautifully! Look at all you have to be grateful for.
I hope you have a great day, and good luck with the next couple of days - you are surely being blessed for all the good you are doing!
now that is a serious gratitude list with some serious depth.
what a blessed woman you are!
I know this has been a crazy couple of weeks for you - but way to go on the list. So much gratitude and thankfulness. Love it! ;)
Your 'thankfuls' are beautiful - -thanks for sharing them.
Post a Comment