A smattering of the latest since I haven't updated for a while...
-After I had a tummy bug last week which I thought was caused by something I ate, I passed it to Sam. Finally today he's on the mend after 3 days of diarrhea, adding a little barf to the first day. I'm so glad we're done with that! He's finally eating again and back to his happy self- both great signs.
-I stepped on the scale this morning and I've lost 4 pounds! Hooray! I've started to try to increase my efforts to get healthier so we can do a little more family planning. I have hopefully 15 more to go (20 if I'm feeling really ambitious and a little vain), but I'm quite pleased that my small efforts the past little while have showed some progress!
-I'm as always, a little stressed about enrichment. We're having our first big activity next month- a summer picnic. I'm sure it will be great, and I have a million ideas in my head, but still no enrichment leader, so I'm hoping that key piece falls into place (maybe even with a committee- fingers crossed) and then I'll have a lot more help!
-I'm headed to a Memorial Day shin-dig this afternoon with Pat's family. I'm bringing pulled pork. It turned out extremely well- probably the best it ever has, and I can't wait to eat in a few hours.
-All soil has been purchased to concoct "Mel's mix" for our square foot garden boxes. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have everything planted. I realize it seems late, but that is part of the beauty of square foot gardening- a continual harvest, so I'm hoping everything will turn out as it's supposed to.
Happy Memorial Day! It's always nice to think about family members who served our country, as well as those serving right now. What a blessing we have to live here. Hope you're enjoying time with family and friends today.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like busy times - but you sound happy so that's a good combination! I love that.
Sounds like things have been crazy. Glad to hear you are feeling better. And WAY TO GO on the weightloss! That is fantastic :)
You are crazy busy! Hope the pork was fabulous! Glad you're feeling better!
Pulled pork and family gatherings is an awesome combination! Glad you're healthy and strong.
Post a Comment