Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wedding Recaps

It seems like weddings come in spurts. I don't have a steady stream of friends getting married, instead they all get married within the same time frame. Last summer I attended a wedding for one of my best friends from high school, and it was my only wedding of the summer. The last temple wedding I attended was a few years before. This past weekend was so fun to attend two temple weddings, and enjoy two days without the kids!

Friday we went to Logan and enjoyed the drive through the gorgeous canyon which had surprising amounts of snow remaining! It ended up being wet and kind of chilly, but the sun came out just as we were coming out of the temple. This wedding was for my high school friend Amber, and it was so fun to see her family in addition to her and her new husband! I love seeing all the details of weddings- the colors and how they're carried through in numerous details, etc. Amber used greens that were just beautiful in her invitations, her flowers, and even cute little green favors of paper with seeds in it so we can plant the paper and enjoy some wildflowers! We were able to stay for the dinner after the sealing, but then raced back to pick up our kids.

Saturday was a wedding for Alison, one of my college roommates, in SLC. She and Zach are just perfect for each other, and their day couldn't have been more ideal. The weather was great, and Alison looked beautiful in the awesome dress her mom made! Her colors were a deep purple along with spring green and some white, and everything was lovely. Her flowers were done by one of her friends who also happens to be one of three florists employed by the church, and they were phenomenal. This girl does all the flowers for conference, funerals, and other church events. It was so fun to see some of our other friends from college and meet other friends I'd heard about! I talked her florist/friend's ear off during the dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.

I love attending sealings and being reminded of the awesome covenants I have made. Weddings are just such a beautiful thing!

2 comments:

kristin said...

sounds like a fun weekend! Someday...when you are in Logan, or I am down south, we have to meet up. :)

Jan said...

The reminders are great. I love weddings too. I actually played for one this past weekend and I also enjoyed seeing the colors and everything else that goes into it.