Summer used to be my favorite time of year. Over the past few years I've gained more of an appreciation for all seasons (except maybe winter from January through March), but summer still holds a special place in my heart. I'm going to assist one of my fabulous friends in throwing a summer solstice party, as suggested in this month's Real Simple mag. If I wasn't lazy, I'd look for a link for you, but if you're interested I'm sure you can find it easily. Heck, most of you probably subscribe, and if you don't, you should. It's one of the only magazines I've chosen to keep as I've pared down recently. But back to summer. There are many things to love. My upcoming birthday (although technically still spring, summer starts less than a week later, so I always consider it a summer birthday), my anniversary, Pat's birthday. A desire to be outside and do the nostalgic and simple things that build memories- picnics, hikes, star gazing, outdoor movies, gardening. And then there's the food. Oh, summer food, how I love thee. Corn on the cob, watermelon, homemade ice cream, BLT's with fresh tomatoes, and everything on the grill. I know I recently shared a recipe, but I was in the mood for another. Beef kebabs have always been one of my favorite meals. It was always what I requested for my birthday dinner growing up. Here's the marinade I grew up on and serve my fam. Enjoy!
Beef Kebab Marinade
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup soy sauce
2 T ketchup
½ tsp garlic powder
1 T white vinegar
¼ tsp pepper

3 comments:
I am a summer fan, too. Poor little sick baby! I hope he gets better soon!
I can't wait for the big party!! It will be even more fabulous than the one in the magazine, I am sure :) I am so sorry for little Sam (and his little Mommy.) Hang in there!
I LOVE summer. And those kabobs sound wonderful.
Post a Comment