Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day, Part I

Addie, January 2005, 5 weeks old

As addressed to mother's of young children:

“These are golden years for you. These are years you will probably do the most important work of your lives. Don’t wish away your years of caring for small children. Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans. This is a time of great opportunity for you to build the kingdom. When you teach children to love their Heavenly Father, you have done one of the greatest things you will ever do.”

-Marjorie Pay Hinckley

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Addie was such a sweet, beautiful baby. Love that quote. I will have to write that one down.

Jan said...

Oh, how I love this quote. She's so right. I look back and wish I had just let more things go and enjoyed my children more than I did.