Although I had dreaded speaking today, it actually was a blessing to be able to reflect on and learn more about the role I hold so dear! I have a million and one quotes I could share, but I was drawn to a particular thought that I closed my talk with. I thought a lot about the words of Queen Esther during my preparation. I feel like there are a few things I’ve accomplished so far in my life that I’m pretty proud of. I hope that after a lifetime of living, there will be many more things I may add to the list of things I’ve worked hard at and been successful at. But regardless of education, hours of service, callings held, instruments played, I know that the years I’m in right now are some of the most important, if not THE most important of my entire life. Regardless of anything else, I wonder as Mordecai wondered of Esther, “Who knowest whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” This is my time to enjoy the blessings and growth that comes through motherhood. Although motherhood is an eternal role, the crucial years with my kids is right now. It's overwhelming and scary and wonderful all rolled into one. Out of all the things I may do in my life, who knows whether I've come to earth for just this opportunity- the chance to be at home and raise my children? I pray that I can do my kids right. Heavenly Father has trusted them in my care. This is my chance to prove to Him and to them that I can be trusted.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh! You had to speak on MOther's day - ouch! I've had to on Christmas and Father's Day...but Mo. Day is supposed to be a day....off. :) Glad it's over & sounds like it was a wonderful message!
You are one of the most inspiring and thought-provoking people I know. I love your thoughts on Esther and our roles in life. Truly, if the only thing we are able to accomplish in this life is to help a child (our own, or someone else's), we will be a success!
I wish I lived in your ward to have heard your talk - it sounds wonderful!
Such fantastic thoughts. Thank you - I needed that today :)
I'm sure you are here 'for such a time as this' -- your family needs you and all the things you do with them and for them. Lovely thoughts.
great thoughts. I don't envy anyone who speaks on Mothers Day. But honestly, with the frame of mind you've been in, spiritually, I'm sure you did great!
Post a Comment