Sunday, May 18, 2008
Sunday Surprises
Surprises are always fun, right? Especially when they come in the calling variety, right? Pat got called to be the Elders' Quorum Secretary today. The President talked to him at the beginning of Sacrament Meeting. I rushed out from conducting Relief Society so I could be there when he was set apart. The RS President's husband also just got called to the presidency. I'm really excited for him, but we're going to be pretty busy around here! I'm off to the races again this week. Our new cooking enrichment group has it's launch this week on Thursday- a kick-off to bbq season with a meat tutorial from a butcher and then a discussion of marinades and rubs along with making rubs for everyone to take home. Plus we have our first huge marathon presidency meeting- 3 hours on Tuesday night! Plus I have visiting teaching appointments this week. And a smattering of other things on the calendar. We went and visited two sisters today who recently had babies. Being with them reminded me how grateful I am to have this calling. I know that you love those you serve. I'm grateful to serve such a wide audience right now and grow to know them and love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You are such a wonderful counselor!! It is obvious why you were called. Good luck with your busy week! If you ever need a break, let me know. You know I am always up for doing something. :)
Busy busy busy for sure. That's how we feel around here too -- things just kicked into high gear. Busy is so much better than bored!
I love your attitude about serving.
May you be blessed for that!!!
I agree with Suzie, great attitude! Sounds like you love your calling & congrats to Pat!
I agree with Suzie, great attitude! Sounds like you love your calling & congrats to Pat!
Post a Comment