Bonnie, I know you're going to blog about this too, but I couldn't not blog about it!
On Saturday Bonnie and I went to make some Relief Society visits. We had a great time chatting it up with some of the older ladies in the ward, reminiscing with them about their days gone by and seeing some of their treasures. One visit that we made was with Beulah, a 98 year old lady in our ward who's still sharp as a tack. She climbs her tree to pick her peaches and she still hangs her own Christmas lights (or so I've heard). She told us all about when she was the Relief Society president (I'm guessing close to 60 years ago!), all about a local girl who had to go to prom in the back of a truck because her dress was too big and she couldn't fit in the car with it on, all about her kids and grandkids and her neighbors and her furniture. Last night I got home from presidency meeting and was shocked to see her on the news! She didn't even mention this huge upcoming event during our visit. She was quoted on the news as saying if it was her time to go, she wanted to go out in style. So she went skydiving! With a bunch of her family. Here's the clip. Check her out. She's totally awesome. I really hope that I can be so together and fun at that age- I hope I even make it to 98!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh, she is awesome! I loved it. I want to be just like that at her age!! What a fun visit for you!
how cute is she?!!? Love it!
That is so amazing!! She is a darling woman!
She's so cool! I hope I'm like that if I reach my 90's. I wish there were an interview with her afterward.
You beat me to it!! I just saw my father-in-law today and told him about it...he had seen her on the news, too. I don't know how I'm going to be around her again without the awe-stricken "WOW" look on my face!!
You have to point out Beulah to me!
Post a Comment