-From the profound song/graduation speech that came out around the end of my high school career, I repeat the great wisdom to "Wear sunscreen." Such a one hit wonder I'm left wondering if any of you will remember the "song" I'm talking about!?! I'm only a little red today, mostly brown, but totally ticked I was so anxious to work outside Saturday I forgot to put sunscreen on.
-The set up for these garden boxes has been a lot of work! I was hoping we'd be planted by the end of the weekend, but it still hasn't happened. The boxes were prepped with linseed. The dirt is mixed and in. I'm still constructing the grids. And we're (as in mostly Pat with some assistance from me, I'm sure) still constructing the trellises. And then I can plant. Hopefully by Wednesday? If the weather holds out? Good thing for the principle of continual harvest. And although I'm a little frustrated I'm not done planting, I still think this is the coolest thing ever. It's really not as hard as I'm making it out to be. Seriously, go check it out.
-Try not to get too preachy when teaching Relief Society. I had one of those experiences on Sunday when I felt like the words that were coming were not necessarily what I'd prepared, which is usually most definitely a good thing. But then I kind of stopped and listened to myself and realized that maybe I was on a huge soapbox and needed to slow down a tad. Asking the sisters if the lesson stops at the door when they leave the Relief Society room or if they're applying the principles they learn at church could maybe come off as a little too preachy... It's hard to get people to overcome complacency without giving them a little wake up call. I'm still thinking about this one and trying to discover the best approach. Despite this fact, I think my lesson went ok.
-Stop overestimating the amount of things that can be accomplished in a weekend. Movie watching just didn't happen. Hopefully on a less full weekend in the future I can start chipping away at the must-see list.
-A light canopy is perfect party ambiance. Ideas are swirling for an upcoming party. Basking in the leftover ambiance post-party with a good friend who shares chocolate cake is the perfect way to spend a Friday night! Had it not been so windy, I could've sat under the lights for a long time.
-Exercise makes me a happier person. I really should do it more often. Hopefully I will, since I did eventually decide to work on that healthy habits challenge (thanks for the motivation, Hannah!). I've got my work cut out for me. Who knew drinking water could be so hard? I'm not a soda drinker usually, I'm a crystal light drinker. I've got to get on the water-drinking. Any tips on making it easier would be much appreciated!
That's all for now. I'm off to bed soon. Hope your week is off to a great start!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Water is hard. I measure out the water at the beginning of the day in the MOMMY ONLY pitcher and put it in the fridge. I drink a glass before eating any meal, one when I wake up and one before bed. I keep a water bottle by me all day.
glad i'm not the only one who comes home after teaching a lesson going "did i say THAT?!". i think we are too hard on ourselves - i'm sure it came off just how it was supposed to. good luck with the water! i have some of the big sport bottles that i keep with me, and it's very handy. i love love love water.
Oh, I loved your list. It's amazing to hear someone really reflecting on the lesson they taught and wondering if they approached it the right way. Loved your thoughts. It sounds like it was the perfect lesson.
I bet your RS lesson was great! I wish I could have been there. I appreciate a spiritual smack in the face every once in a while!
I hear you on the water. I've never been much of a water drinker. Unless I'm hot I really don't drink all that much.
Not the greatest advice but when I was trying to take in more water I would set goals for myself. (Ex: by 11:00 I will finish glass bottle #1, but 2:00 I will finish bottle #2, etc.)
Post a Comment