Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. I'm thankful for an AC that's fixed- hooray! An embarrassingly dirty filter is not a good thing. A little low on the freon wasn't too good either. A cool house is a great thing, inspiring my kids to sleep in this morning- double hooray!
2. I'm thankful for the plan. I've never been so closely involved in an LDS funeral as I was today. I'd never been to a family prayer or anything like that before the funeral. It was really nice to have the plan as the frame of reference that today's events were fitting in. I got teary as Pat's aunt, cousins, and cousin's families said good-bye to Pat's uncle. But it is easier knowing that they're only saying good-bye to a body, his spirit is still alive and doing very well, better than it has been in years. I honestly don't know how people get through life events like this without knowledge of the gospel.
3. I'm thankful for a great enrichment committee that totally stepped it up and helped with tonight's event. It was a great success. So much feedback on what an awesome night it was. We had probably around 35 people. Attendance wasn't as great as I'd hoped for, but definitely not terrible. And the food was delicious. And the spirit of the night was felt. I think the details really pulled everything together. And I'm so thankful it's done!
4. I'm thankful for family support. Even though it was a long day for everyone, my mother-in-law came and watched my kids from 3:30-9:00 so I could do my Enrichment stuff. My brother-in-law came and adjusted our sprinklers so our lawn isn't going to die and so Pat won't have to worry about it as soon as he gets back. My sister-in-law and brothers-in-law helped wrangle my kids during the funeral today. It's so nice to have a family to call on. Having lived close to all of them, I can't ever imagine moving away!
5. I'm thankful Pat is coming home tomorrow night! I can't wait to see him!

Thanks for the banner, Tib!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Enrichment WAS a great success!! You did a great job!! I was definitely uplifted and loved the food....I really need to start "broadening my horizons" more!

Suzie said...

I am so glad to hear you thought is was successful.
Great news and outstanding job!

Jan said...

One Bishop I worked with said something once that has always stuck with me: "It's not how many people come to the activity as much as it is that the ones that did come had a great time." And it sounds like they did. I love it!

Melissa said...

Yay for a husband who is home! Your enrichment stuff was amazing!

tiburon said...

Great list! I am glad the enrichment went off so well. :)