Lots to share, so let's wrap it up bullet point style, shall we?
-Birthday dinner at Pizzeria 712 was fab, as always. Although the patio dining is charming, it's a little crowded (but the whole restaurant is kind of that way). We were on our own out there for a while, but as soon as someone was seated next to us we couldn't help but talk to each other we were so close together. But, the roasted corn appetizer, delicious pizza, and panna cotta certainly makes up for the cozy factor, and I'd actually love to go there with friends when the cozy factor is more appreciated so you can hear the whole conversation easily regardless of your seat. Mmm, I love that place.
-A little shopping success post dinner was a great birthday present. I love the half-yearly sale at Nordstrom. I love some good deals at the Gap, especially since I had a credit on my Gap card account.
-Pat's uncle passed away Saturday. It was a blessing and expected, but it's still hard, especially to see the pain of people who I care about who were close to him. Funeral events are one more thing added to this week's busy schedule, but it will be nice to see family and reflect on the blessings of eternal families and the knowledge we have.
-Kneader's+Xpedx+Losee Jewelers for a ring cleaning+family bbq+sweet gifts from friends=a great birthday. Thanks to all who made my day really great.
-When emotional about your husband's upcoming trip and the fact that he'll be gone for Father's Day, don't watch the last hour of The Notebook when you happen to catch it on tv the night before departure. You'll turn into a blubbering mess, realizing how much more you should tell your husband that you love him, realizing how much you'll miss him while he's gone, and any other stress or emotion will leave you a sobbing heap for way too long.
-Don't save mounds of laundry for the night before your husband is leaving on a trip. It will leave you up doing laundry for way too long (which may have contributed to afore-mentioned sobbing).
-The week is off to a crappy start when you arrive home from church on a 90+ degree day to find your air conditioning not working. Hopefully the wisdom of a brother-in-law to thaw the ac will have it back in commission tomorrow. If not, the week could get really ugly really fast.
Happy Father's Day. I missed my husband. I got my Dad's voice mail. I saw my father-in-law. I hope you got to spend more time/conversation with the important dads in your life!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I am so sorry, Christina!!! Your birthday sounds lovely, but I am sorry your Father's Day was less than perfect!
Let me know if you need anything!
By the way...I am totally free on Friday. Didn't you say you were too!? Lets check with Melissa and then plan our night!
ah, crap about the air conditioning! we had one day like that recently and i was almost over the edge. luckily it was a quick for us and i hope it is for you, too.
chris is gone all this week, too. then back late saturday and gone agin monday. i'm still feeling pretty chill about it at the moment, but that's not bound to last long...
I hate AC issues -- we ran into that last year and hopefully you can get it take care of in a big hurry.
Hope you're sitting cool today.
And Happy Birthday!
Aah, no AC and no hubby? That sounds like a really crappy day. (Although if the AC is out, I'm sure Aaron would want to be as far away from me as possible.) I'm scary when I'm hot!
Your birthday sounds like it was great!! Happy day (belated) to you!
I hope this week is a good one, even with Pat gone. I REALLY hope your AC gets fixed. :)
Shoot! Too bad about missing all the "fathers" yesterday. :( You sound like one busy lady. Hope the AC gets fixed soon!
Sounds like a fab weekend... minus the missing Pat part... I've GOT to try that resteraunt :)
what? no air? I'd have to leave the premises ASAP. I'm a heat wimp.
you are such a busy bee!!!
happy late birthday Christina:)
Post a Comment