Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up...

But wait! The weekend's not over yet! Yes, I love you MLK, for more reasons than just giving me a day with my husband at home (maybe I'll post about that tomorrow, I'm kind of a civil rights buff), but right now the extra day for the weekend tops the list. So I'll just give the highlights of things I've loved thus far about the weekend:

  • Powdered sugar snow, as discussed by Marta. I think her description couldn't have been more accurate regarding Friday's weather. And I was very glad to have no where to go.
  • Quality time with the niece and nephew Friday night. I love our weekly trading. We build relationships as aunt and uncle. Cousins love each other and get to play. The lucky couple of the week gets to go out. Everyone wins. I don't know what I'll do when at some point, this comes to an end, as all good things must do, right?
  • Prepared my lesson Friday night by the fireplace after the children were nestled. The inspiration was flowing. There are not many things more fulfilling to me than preparing a gospel lesson and feeling the Spirit while doing so.
  • Pat let me sleep in Saturday morning. 9 felt pretty dang nice.
  • Running errands just with Addie. Although she had a bad case of the gimmie's that I was trying to dispel while wandering through the chaos that is Wal-Mart, I was really trying to soak in the one-on-one time that we rarely get.
  • Addie napping. Something she really only does on the weekends much to my chagrin, but I can't have WWIII every day over a nap.
  • Sam's birthday party! Pizza from Big Apple, family all here, lots of books given as presents (my favorite kind, something kids can never get enough of), and the star of the day- my favorite boy.
  • Enjoying gospel discussion during my lesson today. I love to hear the words of sisters in Relief Society, everyone contributing and uplifting and edifying and personifying what Relief Society is. I love serving in Relief Society. I love bearing testimony of things I know to be true. I know that I am a Child of God. What a truly magnificent blessing.
  • Pat saying as he just headed back to bed that tomorrow we will clean. That means this mess will wait tonight, all night long, and greet us in the morning, but the key word is US. He will be here to help. Together we will restore order to this place we call home. And maybe go to Kneader's.
Have a great Monday off, friends! Hopefully you'll enjoy it with a husband home from work!

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I had a wonderful weekend too, but I am even more exciting for next. *wink*

Jan said...

It does sound like a lovely weekend -- and I agree 100% with you on the gift that lesson prep time is. When you approach it prayerfully, you always get the spirit not only during the lesson but during the prep and that's really a blessing.

carey said...

What a clever post. :) I love MLK too, for more than civil rights reasons!

Unknown said...

fabulous weekend! and hooray that you got to teach that fabulous lesson. it was amazing. i'm planning to read it again tonight.

Lupe said...

A great weekend! How can inspiration for your lesson not flow at a setting like that?

Rusti said...

You definitely keep yourself busy! ;) You've got me craving some Big Apple pizza now.

Melissa E Photography said...

I would pay money to sit in on one of your lessons. I love that you take so much time preparing. I wish every teacher was like that! I'm glad your weekend was a success!

tara said...

oh boy do I ever miss Relief Society lessons. I love the YW too, but there a special spirit in RS. I'd love you to be my teacher. You must do a great job Christina:)

oh, and AWESOME AWESOME about Pat's job prospect. JUST AWESOME!!!!!