Thursday, January 24, 2008

Christina 103- have you had enough, yet?

Ok, I'm back to wrap it up, unless there are any follow-up questions, or other burning things you inquiring minds like to know!

Rusti said...

Twizzlers or Red Vines? Red Vines
Chocolate or fruity candy? chocolate
Cake or pie? cake
Dogs or cats? dogs
Sushi or hamburger? hamburger

Kristin said...

What is your biggest dream? Wow, this question is requiring some deep thought. I dream about all of my children growing up to be happy, productive, endowed, grounded adults. I dream about great family vacations making memories. I dream about becoming the "ideal" that I have in my head- the ideal mother, the ideal wife, the ideal church member. I dream about expanding myself beyond motherhood when my kids are grown- whether that means returning to teaching, opening a lunch shop, immersing myself in craft projects that I only aspire to right now (I'm seriously not crafty, but have a lot of desire to become that way), working as a church service missionary- I'm really not sure what that time of life will hold for me, but I'm excited to find out! I don't know if any of these are really my biggest dreams, but a lot of little ones put together make a big one, right? :)
What is your biggest fear? Losing a child or my husband. I've had seriously irrational dreams about something happening to Pat. I can't stand to think about it.
What is your favorite veggie? asparagus (fresh only!)
What size are your feet? anywhere between 5 or 6, depending on the shoe- usually 5 or 5 1/2 for heels, 6 for sneakers
Do you like living in Utah? I do. There have been some adjustments, and I'm really glad that I transitioned through Idaho from the East coast, or I think I would've had complete culture shock. But overall, there are a lot of things that I really love here. I think it would be hard to leave the mountains!
If you could live anywhere else, where would it be? I do frequently think about this. I'd love to try North Carolina. I think there are many things there that appeal to me, and I just love an extra helping of southern hospitality. My mom is from the South (West Virginia), my grandparents are originally from Virginia (plantation-owning families way back when), and I think there's a little bit of that southern ease in my bones.
What is your favorite smell? The earth after a summer rainstorm, my kids after their baths, fresh bread...man, I'm not very good at just one answer, am I?

Sharla said...
If you had a time machine, what time would you travel to, and why? Ooh, as a history major, this question has 100 answers for me! I would love to go to the south in the 60's. I did my senior thesis project on the Mississippi Freedom Schools and the impact they had on the students who attended. It was an incredibly moving experience, so much so that I cried when presenting my project to my prof and classmates. As scary of a time as this was for our nation, it was so necessary. I would've loved to teach Freedom School. I would also love to be there during the framing of the Constitution. Heaven and earth seriously met during that time. Those are probably my two biggies.
Something you regret? I regret my choir trip romances. Way too much drama.
What color best represents you? My favorite color is red, and I used to say red is my "power color", but I honestly don't know if I feel as bold as I used to. I think a softer color probably represents me better now, depending on the day- maybe a butter yellow.

Melissa said...
What is your sweet weakness? ice cream. Hands down.
When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a pediatrician. Always. Then I realized I would have to work on a cadaver, and I didn't think I could do it. I'm way too full of empathy- I'd be thinking about the person, their life, their loved ones the whole time, and I wasn't sure I could make it through my labs.
There you have it! Feel free to throw any more questions out there before this fad is through ;)

7 comments:

kristin said...

sweet!!! Love learning more about you!

tara said...

RIGHT ON on the smell of rain love. Best smell EVER. Also with you on the time machine answer. I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall and watched the founding fathers doing taking care of business. SO cool.

Asparagus is the BOMB. Minus what it does to your pee. That's not so much a favorite.

Jan said...

Such fun to read your answers -- thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

how fun! such great info. great to get to know you better.

carey said...

I love this game. :) I love asparagus, too...and ice cream is my weakness. We'd have so much to talk about, Christina. ;)

Holly O. said...

Anyone who's sweet weakness is ice cream is a friend of mine!

Lupe said...

I love the smell of rain and asparagusses (asparagi..whatever the plural form is for that veggie).