I feel like I now have 2 reasons to pay it forward. #1 is that I won Hannah's pay it forward a few weeks ago. I'll openly admit that I'm currently too lazy to set up all my goodies and take a pic, but I'll try to post one soon. I received some delicious chocolate covered Macadamia nuts, a cute Hawaiian print apron (which I really need because my other apron is looking pretty...loved (aka stained and well-used) these days), and a decorative clock that is just my taste. So fun!
My second reason to pay it forward is because of my trip to Albertson's last night. I ran to the store for milk, rice milk for Sam's newly discovered milk allergy, and a few odds and ends. I noticed the Dreyer's at buy one get one free (of course marked up to $6.50 a gallon so it's not much of a sale), and I also noticed that IT had returned. It comes annually to taunt me just when the New Year's health crunch is in full swing. It stays for several months, bidding me to give in over and over and over as long as it's in stores. It's Dreyer's Girl Scout Cookie Ice Cream. I usually have each kind once during the "season", but my favorite is Samoas. The chocolate, the caramel, the coconut- totally in heaven!
Anyway, I was self-checking out when I realized both ice creams rung up at full price. This could not be, so I asked my friendly grocery associate for the dish. Upon informing me that the buy one get one had to be the same flavor, I must've looked pretty deflated, and told him that I'd like to just remove the ice cream from my purchase- no way I would pay $13 for 2 flavors of ice cream! He adjusted my receipt and started to leave, but I needed to know if I should take the ice cream back or if there was a place for restocks. That lovely grocery man had adjusted my receipt so it looked like I'd bought two of the same kind, thus getting the buy one get one deal. After having a rough day with sick kids yesterday, I could've kissed him. Crazy moms need their ice cream.
So between Hannah and the grocery man, I have good reasons to be paying it forward. I'm not divulging a prize, because I'd rather pick it out specifically for the winner, but just know that it will be fab! Leave me a comment by Friday night if you want to enter. I know most of my readership has already been involved in the great pay it forward, but hopefully if you haven't won yet, this is your chance, and maybe it will bring some of my blog lurkers out of lurkdom :) Good luck!
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
What a wonderful grocery man! Bless his little heart! Enjoy your ice cream! Sounds delish!
Not entering cause I already paid my dues to the game.
That ice cream sounds divine. I, too, have a weakness for Samoas. I better steer-clear of Albertsons.
I have to say I don't even know about the contest - -but what a lovely grocery guy! Wonderful little uplift for you today, right? Love it!
oh, yes, baby! i want to win your custom prize. also. i'd like some of that ice cream.
I would have kissed him. A smart man knows not to get in the way of a woman and her ice cream!
I've already been a lucky winner-- but I just wanted you to know that you're forcing me to run to the store for that ice cream. Mmmmmmm.:)
I LOVE the Tagalong ice cream! It's a vice. So crazy!
I love you girls and your pay it forward. Seriously, it's such a fun thing, and I love checking in on the winners. You're such a fun and cute girl, I'm sure you'll come up with something fantastic!
I love these pay it forward games. :) What a sweet grocery guy - it seems people like that are rare to come by these days.
Oh - and I totally was thinking that you were going to send ice cream to the winner of your pay it forward! (Which I would be just fine with. :D)
k...am I the only human that has NOT tried the girl scout ICECREAM? I just LOVE the cookies so much I was afraid the icecream would be a shoddy second. NO? it's going on the list lady:)
Looks like I just made it by the hair of my chinny chin chin for PAY IT FORWARD. Enter me baby. I'm a losing fool though...
YAY about Pat's job/interview news!!! Fingers still crossed over here!
I haven't had the Girl Scout Cookie ice cream yet. What is wrong with me??? And, I got wanted you to know, I ordered my stroller!!! Can't wait until it arrives. Thanks again for all your help.
Enter me! :)
I am craving the Samoa's now!
I've never tried the GS ice cream. But if it's as good as everyone says it is, it's better that I never do try it. lol
btw- so good to meet you. You totally cracked me up!
Post a Comment