Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Let's Be Real...

I'm not sugar coating it, today, folks. Not that I ever do, but I guess the fact that I'm a little crabby and not sugar coating it will make some of you think "what happened to the Christina we've come to adore? And who is this beast posting on her blog?" Ok, maybe the adore part is a stretch, but on my part, the beast reference certainly isn't. Pat started his new job Monday. All is going great, except for the fact that the past 2 days when he's gotten home I've been ready to hit the ceiling. He finally said last night that if I'm going to be this way when he gets home, maybe he should find a different job. If I wasn't already aware of my beastliness, that line was definitely my cue to shape up. I don't want to blame my lack of happiness/kindness/motivation/normalcy on hormones, but in some ways I really just wish my monthly friend would come so I can get this out of my system and have a small excuse for such bad behavior. There isn't really anything sparking my bad mood. I could say it's because Sam is being the typical 1 year old- into everything, but communicating only through whines (definitely a new thing for him). I could say it's because Addie has been less than cooperative with some first class melt downs and refusing to allow us to get out of the house by doing things like undressing every time I get her dressed so she can put dress up clothes on, or by refusing to eat or by sabotaging my every effort. I could say it's because I'm surrounded by snow, snow, and more snow, and I'm really starting to get the winter blah's. I could say it's because my house is a wreck and I've had little motivation to keep up with it.
Instead, it's probably because I've skipped reading my scriptures the past few days. It's probably because I'm really frustrated with a family member and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do in that relationship. It's probably because I'm not turning to the Lord enough in that family member problem. It's probably because I could use another trip to the temple to turn me back into a nice person. And it may be a tad bit hormonal, too.
Ok, vent over. I'm determined to be a tad bit happier today. And to clean my house some. And to stop being such a beast so my husband can enjoy his job without coming home to a grumpy wife.

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Although it is unlike you, it is refreshing to know that my friends do have grumpy days like I do. (I am so glad that it isn't just me!!) I think we all have the right to have a grumpy/vent day once and a while, but I do hope you start feeling better and that you have a better day!

Jan said...

Hang in there. Find a second for yourself in the midst of all the daily chaos -- and just slow down. You're awesome -- and you can do this -- and you're seeing things very clearly. All will be well. I know it will.

Melissa E Photography said...

Aaron made a similar comment the other day. Something along the lines of.. "Can you NOT make dinner tonight so you're not ornery when I get home." OUCH! That was the reality check I needed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has raunchy days! And if I blame it on hormones I'm in trouble because I have 2 months left!

tara said...

darn those hormones. They really can make you feel like a different person. Eat something yum and go to bed early tonight. At least it's only for a few days, right?
How does Pat like the job?

tara said...

oh, and I'm sorry, but a whiney 1 year old is enough to make you want to poke your own eyes out. uggg.

kristin said...

blast those hormones... You know, as I read your post and got to the end, there was the Christina we know, who recognizes the important things in life, and is aware of them, and will do the things that she needs to be happy again. :) When I get grumpy, I sure don't recognize that it's because I haven't been studying the scriptures or going to the temple. I am just a grump until I have a breakdown. I really admire you and your positive attitude!

100 Percent Cottam said...

i hear you, i hear you!!! i'm having one of those days, too. i will be interested to see if my hubby's head is attached when he comes home tonight, after i bit it off on the phone today. mercy me. hormones are real! that other stuff helps, too! :)

Holly O. said...

Shoot. We are all entitled to these days. It IS a rude awakening when we realize everyone around us doesn't like it. When my husband added "please bless Mommy will be nice again" to the dinner prayer, I knew I needed to snap out of it!

Lupe said...

Venting is good. I hope you feel better soon. By the way, I'm coping and pasting your last paragraph because I feel the same way about the same things you mentioned. HUGS!