Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ode to blogging

This is post 101! I meant to "celebrate" when I reached 100, but I missed the milestone- which really seems to be a common problem in my life- I have the best intentions, and they're rarely carried out. So, I'll do my best to articulate my love for blogging.

I never would have guessed that this "social media" (as identified by Design Mom) would've connected me to so many friends, many who I've never met! It's so refreshing to read about so many amazing women, in various walks of life, all working to be better, all supporting each other, all sharing their successes, their bargain finds, their mothering tips, their disappointments, their favorite books, their favorite wardrobe pieces, their favorite foods, their testimonies, their inspirations, their aspirations. It strengthens me. It inspires me. Since I've been blogging, I took one blogger's challenge and finished the Book of Mormon between August and January. I have found many a beautiful craft and committed to try my hand at one that I found on a blog. I have found many ideas I plan to save for rainy days, others I plan to use on sunny ones. I've felt the support that women can only feel from other women. I've seen much of myself in others, helping me realize that we're much more the same than we are different, and I've learned new things about myself along the way. I feel I'm much more introspective, and I have a lot more food for thought because I read others' perspectives daily. I feel a lot more desire to improve in various pursuits, and have many more great examples around who are willing to share what's working for them and open up about their own journeys of self-betterment.

In honor of the joys of blogging, I'm jumping on another blogging bandwagon and opening myself up for questions. I figure since this is post 101, it can also be Christina 101- the basic, or not so basic, facts about me. Come one, come all, if you've ever had a burning question about me, now is your chance to ask away! I'll field them all in the next day or two. :)

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Blogging is so wonderful! It is amazing how blogging connects so many different people.

My questions for you:
-How many kids do you plan (if we could plan such a thing) to have?
-In what ways is your life different than you imagined it as a child?
-How many pairs of shoes do you own?
-What is your favorite calling you have ever held and why?
-What hidden talents do you have?
-Where have you lived?
-What is your favorite clothing store? Where do you buy most of your clothing?
-What are common menus you serve your family?
-If you were going to have a brunch with a couple lovely friends and could have anything for the main dish...what would it be?

Unknown said...

fabulous!

how old are you?
hold old were when you got married?
how many brothers & sisters to you have?

tara said...

lovely thoughts Christina. You do have a sweet way of articulating your thoughts.

questions?

Worst physical feature?

guilty pleasures?

Biggest pet peaves?

If you could have dinner with any famous person, who would it be?

Rusti said...

And blogging loves you! :)

I'll make my questions a little different.

Twizzlers or Red Vines?
Chocolate or fruity candy?
Cake or pie?

I'm just realizing these are all food related. It must be snack
time. lol

Dogs or cats?
Sushi or hamburger?

Dang it! I'm back to food. lol

Jan said...

Loved your thoughts. I am too boring to come up with any questions but I always enjoy reading the answers to the questions of others.

tara said...

umm. I hope bad spelling is a "pet peave" of yours...
I meant "pet peeve"...truly I did:)

oh, and I'm glad you love blogging too:) I've so loved getting a glimpse into Christina's world:)

kristin said...

So fun! I love q&a.

My questions:

What is your biggest dream?
What is your biggest fear?
What is your favorite veggie?
What size are your feet?
Do you like living in Utah?
If you could live anywhere else, where would it be?
What is your favorite smell?

Sharla said...

If you had a time machine, what time would you travel to, and why?

Something you regret?

What color best represents you?

:)

Melissa E Photography said...

YAY! I'm glad you're doing this too. K, questions... let's see.

- What is your sweet weakness?

- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?