It's only been a day, but I've been holding out on you, my blog friends. Pat had his second interview Tuesday. He came home feeling like it didn't go that well. There were a lot of tough questions, especially regarding his last job, and he was 5 minutes late due to the freak snow storm in the middle of the day that literally happened just in time for his drive. We had started the day feeling great after going to the temple, but after he got home we finished the day feeling pretty lousy and thinking this job was history. Fast forward to Wednesday, and the HR lady calls to ask him a few more questions. After he wows her with more great answers, she tells him they need to get the background check started and the salary requirements because they'd like to make an offer!!! This was so unexpected. We really thought after Tuesday that this wouldn't happen. I can't explain the gratitude. We're still in salary negotiation because we'll most likely be taking a slight pay cut, but there are enough benefits there to outweigh the pay issues and make this job totally worth it! Did I mention he'll have every other Friday off? Did I mention that we have 5 insurance plans to choose from, and all of them are 90/10 (we've only ever had 80/20)? Did I mention that this is totally his dream job? Did I mention the 401k matching, stock options, dental, vision, life, and a host of other benefits? Did I mention this was unexpected!?!
Prayers are answered. Don't think this is the end of my posting about lessons learned from this experience. The offer still isn't finalized. But we're so close to being done. And it feels *so* good. Happy weekend :)
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I am so happy for you guys, Christina!!! I bet it is a relief!
Eeek! This is fantastic news-- I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations to the Felts!
AAAAAH! That is so exciting Christina! I am so relieved for you guys.
That's so great Christina! Congrats! I was just about to send you an email telling you how awesome you are and how well you've handled this. I'm so happy for you and Pat! Congrats! Isn't it awesome how things turn out?
WOW!! I am so so excited for you guys! This is all a testimony to Heavenly Father being in control - yes, it's been a long time that he has been looking for a job, but Heavenly Father knew that the "right" job would be available now. Hooray for you guys!
Wow - Congrats!! What a blessing!
i am SOOOOO thrilled to hear this! a big congrats to you. you've been in my prayers for months now, along with tons of other people, i'm sure. and yes. prayers are really answered! :)
Prayers truly are heard and answered. I'm so happy for you -- we will continue to pray just because but I'm so excited for you. Keep us posted.
Congrats! Those are great benefits -we love love love ours! Especially the 90/10- - you'll love it! Keep us posted!
Time to par-tay! Right? ;)
Congratulations!
I can't believe it! That's wonderful news.. Just awesome!
Post a Comment