Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday...

Today I'm thankful for...

-the goodness going on in the blogging community. Head on over to Design Mom to find a plethora of links, and be ready to get your spend on. I currently have 4 bids in on different things. It's so nice to get some great things and help some great people in the process. Not a day has gone by since I first learned of Stephanie's accident that I haven't thought about her and her family. While I'm in the shower, while I'm making lunch, while I'm driving, the progress and examples shared by Courtney fill my mind. I've wondered if I've really risen to the challenge with trials that I've faced, or merely plodded through until I made it to the other side. I have a fresh perspective and a new level of commitment through their examples, and I'm very grateful.
-the resources available via the internet. I was able to get in touch with the Utah State extension office to get plenty of info on canning, which is good since I'm helping to teach a class on it tonight for enrichment. Now that I've studied up, hopefully I'll actually have something worthwhile to share instead of just my few small previous canning experiences.
-my 3 mile walk this morning. Nothing like a little fresh air with the kids and an elevated heart rate to start my day off right.
-the knowledge that I am a daughter of God. I went visiting teaching yesterday and was able to share this message, and it was a great reminder for me. I took some quiet time last night to reflect on that truth, and it was just the experience I was looking for.
-a fantastic husband who turned 30 this week! Even more thankful that we'll have a date tomorrow night to celebrate, along with a 4 day weekend. Hooray!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love your "Thankful Thursday" posts! Looking forward to learning more about canning tonight!

Sammie said...

Tell Pat "Happy Birthday" from us? By the way, did you hear that the Hughes' are moving to Alaska?

Candis Ellis said...

...and I'm thankful for christina, who always puts such effort into her calling and friendships and life in general! You are so great!

Shawni said...

I'm so with you on being worried about Stephanie and her family. It is so sad and I can't stop thinking about it. I just wnated to say thanks also for such a nice comment on my blog. I can't remember if I ever wrote you back or not, but it's always so nice to get such sweet comments.