Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It's been too long since I took time for a thankful Thursday, so here we are.

-A supportive husband. Things have been crazy this week and I've kind of felt like we've been ships passing in the night. His hours for work are hard sometimes, not to mention our busy church work and taking care of our kids. I'm grateful he makes sacrifices when I have commitments. And I'm grateful that he helps me to lighten up by starting a water fight with me tonight while we were out watering the garden, especially when I was a little edgy upon his arrival home today. And I'm grateful he has tomorrow off- we need it!

-Good friends. Hannah's post today has been on my mind- I really have made some great friends through blogging, and last night was a great reminder of that! And I also have great friends who have just happened into my life through our current proximity. And I have great friends who I've known for years and years and still adore. I think sometimes I forget how much I really need this part of my life. I am grateful to know that friendship is rarely a coincidence, but that people enter our lives for a reason, and there are reasons for each of the relationships I enjoy.

-Great kids. They are some of my biggest blessings. Sam's bashful smiles just crush me every time, and his latest trick to shake his head no when I ask him for a kiss makes me laugh and cry all at once- he's already getting wise to the fact that he may not always want my kisses (plus he thinks it's hilarious to tease) and I'm so not ready to think about that! Addie is so grown up and hilarious. Her frequent use of the phrase "of course" has me quietly giggling all the time.

-Summer. I'm really trying to enjoy every last bit of it. The weather, the produce, the care-free days, the gorgeous outdoors. And I'm constantly second-guessing myself about sending Addie to pre-school. She's more then ready, but in some ways I feel like I'd trade it all for another year with her all to myself. So I'm trying to soak in these last few weeks until she takes a step towards independence. Oh, growing up is so hard on a mom.

-New babies. I'm grateful first of all that I'm not currently the one having them (although I'm sure the day will come before we know it), but I'm surrounded by friends who are, and the excitement is contagious, especially for the first-time moms! But even more exciting, is the news that I'm going to be an aunt again! I don't know better parents than my brother and sister in law, and I couldn't be more thrilled about a new baby.

So much for more blogging time this week! I have much more to post about, so hopefully with Pat's day off tomorrow I can work on it.

4 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Blogging is the best!

I am missing the Summer already! I has been SO fun and has gone by so fast!

marta said...

i loved this post. good friends truly are the best. have a lovely weekend.

carey said...

Great post! I'm grateful for all these things as well. Love good friends, too (and I have met so many, like you, through this fun blogging business). ;)

Jan said...

Always love your list -- it makes me think about my life and how thankful I need to continue to be.