Monday, August 25, 2008

My girl the dinner conversationalist...

Tonight Pat got home late from work, so Addie and Sam and I started dinner without him. Addie's conversation during dinner was particularly entertaining. As she was eating her honey-mustard pork loin, she told me, "mom, I wish I could dream about pork. Corn and pork. Mmmm." She then moved on to her interior decorating dreams. "Mom, I'd like to have a new room. And it would definitely need a princess bed. And definitely a fan (as in ceiling fan). And obviously a real kitchen. Because I'm going to be a mom soon so I'll need a real kitchen, not just a pretend kitchen. And usually some dishes for my kitchen. And usually some princess stuff too because I love princesses. Ok?" So matter of fact, and I have to say the use of adverbs was totally hilarious to me. A girl after my own heart, might I add. Dreaming about delicious pork and redecorating sounds great to me!

6 comments:

Suzie said...

Love it. Just so precious!

and I loved your post below.

Melissa E Photography said...

HAHA!! The adverb usage IS hilarious. She gets her mad language skills from her momma!

Hannah said...

Hilarious! She is such a funny girl!

Jan said...

I love it when they hit the chatty stage - -so cute!

Candis Ellis said...

Seriously adorable. No run tonight? Lame. Haha.

Bonnie said...

Now how old is she again? So cute that she took it upon herself to keep a conversation going with you:->!!