In the mean time, Sharla (the comedic genius) gave me a blog award. How exciting! And I'm in serious good company with those she chose- several I would've picked myself. I was about to prepare an acceptance speech but realized maybe this isn't the right occasion. Seriously, thanks for the shout-out, Sharla.

And this means it's my turn to spread the love to some of my favorite blogs. Many of the blogs I "know" have already received this award, so I thought I'd share some of my must reads, although for most of them I'm just one in a large audience who loves their blog, and they have no idea who I am. I've linked to some of them in the past, but I couldn't help but bring up some of them again. And keep in mind, this list is definitely not exhaustive.
First, let me introduce what I consider a great blogging triumvirate. Marta, her sister Gabi, and sister-in-law Christie are all blogs not to be missed.
Marta has impeccable taste and writing skills and is perhaps the most likable girl in blog-ville. Everyone needs a friend like her- the kind to throw a fabulous party, point out great finds while shopping, and show her love through the details. As a soon-to-be mom, she's delighted her audience with posts about that expectant phase that all moms know so well. I'm not sure that there's a blog I enjoy more.
Gabi's blog opens my perspective with fantastic interviews she does. And when she's not interviewing, she's sharing her own bits of wisdom as a wife/mom/etc. Her blog is very insightful as well as fun. Her wit has won me over.
Christie is a total riot. Her blog always brings smiles, if not full-on belly laughs by the end of each post. The girl is funny. For some hilarious reading, check out the recent hairdresser drama, or the posts about their family vacation. Not that every post isn't equally funny, aside from her serious thoughts that make me like her all the more.
I started reading Shawni's blog a few months ago and it instantly resonated with me. Her love and care for her kids, the fun things she does as a mom, the closeness she seems to have with her family, it's all what I'm working towards. It didn't take me long to realize that she's the kind of mom I want to be, and I love that I can have such great examples through blogging.
I found Leslie as a guest blogger on Design Mom and I've been hooked ever since. She has a great home/style blog, but her family blog is also fun to check in on to see her beautiful kids and adventures in mothering. Her blogs are both fantastic, and I'm always extra impressed by those who successfully keep up multiple blogs.
I can't help but link to these blogs, although if you're a first time reader, you're coming in at a hard time to both of them. Stephanie of Nie Nie Dialogues and her sister Courtney of C Jane Enjoy It are both exceptional blogs. Courtney is hilarious and her posts are somewhat random, but always entertaining. The longer I read her blog, the more I enjoy it. Stephanie has been featured many places for her creativity in her home and all around joy as a mom, and reading her blog it's easy to see why! The beauty she finds and shares in life is inspiring. Last weekend Stephanie and her husband were in a plane crash in Arizona and are currently in the hospital facing months of recovery. Courtney's blog is currently dedicated to updates on her sister. Read through old posts to get a feel for the talents and personalities of these two wonderful women, and then say a prayer for Stephanie and her husband.
Maybe you're already enjoying these blogs, but hopefully I've shared at least one that's new to you that makes your day.

6 comments:
We like you, we really like you! :) Glad to have some new blogs to check out.
Wow! Did you know these people before reading their blogs?? I'm always surprised when someone calls me by name because they "know" me from my blog.
Oooo, I love reading good new blogs. :) Thanks for the links.
PS - I second Sharla. We really DO like you!
Christina, I am up for lunch ANY time I'm up that way...it would be a hoot. :) We'll be in UT in a few weeks, but the weekend is packed. Our next trip will be in Nov. / Dec....?
Thanks for the shout-out and for your sweet words. You are just too, too kind!
Post a Comment