Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oh, JT...


Dear Sweet Baby James,

I hope you don't mind if I call you that, seeing that we've never met, but I have practically grown up with you. I just needed to let you know that I'm sorry I missed you when you were in town a few nights ago. See, you came a few years ago, and I tried to make things work, but with my newlywed/student status, it just wasn't in the cards. I still lament the fact that I missed that concert, thinking about the "if only...". Apparently, it wasn't in the cards this time either. I didn't find out you were coming until the day you were here. Suddenly I was scouring Craigslist like a mad woman, trying to determine if my stomach bug would keep me away from you again. And then Addie had it. And so did Sam. And I knew... no matter how great my drive to see you, I couldn't inflict sick kids on a poor unsuspecting babysitter. And I didn't want my aching tummy to detract from the magic I knew you'd create. So, I'm sorry. I hope you decide to tour again soon. And I hope you know that the third time's a charm. I'll sign up for your fanclub so I can be alerted of your upcoming tour dates. I promise not to miss it. In the mean time I'll have to keep going to Carolina in my mind.

Love,

C

4 comments:

tara said...

ha! I thought this was going to be a post dedicated to Justin Timberlake. my bad:)

i love him too. how can you NOT, really?

Sammie said...

Oh, sadness!!! Did you know that me and Keith's song is "You Are My Only One"?

Alison Alleman said...

Ya, that's a bummer. I didn't know you were such a huge JT fan. I have his greatest hits album and I love it! Zach's aunt actually called us early that night and said she had extra tickets - unfortunately Zach was buried in homework so we didn't go. Maybe I should have called a certain friend to come with me!

Sharla said...

Ships passing in the night! I do hope you and Sweet Baby James will be able to cross paths someday soon! :) (Brilliant post, by the way!)