
Dear Last Month of Summer-
Although fall is in the air, I just wanted to remind you that you are still technically summer for the majority of your time on the calendar. Bearing that in mind, if you could provide nice warm days, with just a slight chill in the later evenings, it would be much appreciated. If you could hold off on frost for a while, I'd be ecstatic. If we could still wear capris and short sleeves, postponing long pants and long sleeves and a dive for the fall/winter clothes for a little while longer, I'd be thrilled. And if we could put off falling into a strict routine and enjoy the last bits of the spontaneity summer provides, just for a few more weeks, it would do my heart good.
Warmest Regards,
C
[photo via]

6 comments:
can you write a letter to texas september, too? because it's 100+ degrees here today. that's not cool.
Oh, Christina. Whenever September hits, I immediately go into winter depression mode. I hope September listens to your requests...
i just want to say ditto to your letter! The last couple of (freezing) days have made me realize that I completely missed summer this year. It has been spent in my brown leather chair nursing my li'l one. (not that I would trade that experience for any amount of summer...I just have spent zero time outside).
I second that request, although I do love those autumn evenings...oh wait, we probably won't get those this year; it will just turn to winter.
DITTO!
amen! My letter would be slightly different since I'm in the hot hot desert (something like "If you'll just stay under the 100's, I'd be so grateful).
I'm SO ready for fall. :) Great post.
Post a Comment