Saturday, August 23, 2008
I'm a mama
There are some days for me that just remind me of my motherhood. It's not that I'm not always aware of it, some days are just especially mom days. The past couple of days have been mom days. My kids have been sick. Nothing too horrific, but hot little bodies with high fevers lead to sad, sad kids. Sad kids who really only want their mom. Leading to the strong reminder that I am a mom. It's really a paradox how I feel in situations like this- frustrated that no one else can pick up my slack when I'm left to hold them all day, non-productive when I think of all the time just laying around together, but at the same time completely content that I can fill needs for them in a way that no one else can. Even though Sam was just pitiful today crawling all over me in an attempt to find a comfortable place, elbowing me, bonking heads, and stepping in wrong places along the way, I really was happy to know that I was the only thing that could console him. Sick days are good reminders, I think. I'm just glad they don't happen too often. Happy Saturday night. Hopefully I'll have kids who are well soon and be back with the slew of posts that I've been writing in my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have a love/hate relationship with sick days too. I love the cuddly kids, but I hate the wreck of a house!
It is definitely a love/hate relationship! So grateful I'm a mom, though!
Post a Comment