Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yesterday: A Timeline

7:45- get out of bed after a pretty restless night. Call Pat for an update (he hardly slept but is feeling pretty good still and hopes to come home) and start the morning list of calls (Pat's parents, my parents, etc.).
9:10- arrive at the hospital
10:15- Internist comes in to see Pat, decides he can probably go home, writes prescriptions, sets up follow-up appointments, etc.
10:45- drive home from the hospital
11:05- make the bed with Pat, get him settled in
11:15- drive to a mid-wife appointment set to start at 11:45
12:30- decided I'm tired of sitting and waiting and being so exposed, get dressed since I will no longer be getting checked today, I just need to get home to my husband
12:35-mid-wife comes in, does quick assessment, writes a prescription for my cold that won't quit for a z-pac
12:40- drive to pick up lunch for Pat
12:50- drop off prescriptions
1:00- get home and eat lunch with Pat, talk about how good it feels to be home
1:20- pick up Sam from Russ and Rita's. Find out how he took Russ for a ride when Russ suggested they get a treat and Sam picked out a toy, but then informed him that's not a treat, he also needed a treat to eat and settled on gummy bears.
1:40- pick up prescriptions
2:00-pick up the kids belongings from Chrissy.
2:30- pick up Addie from pre-school
3:00- try to get everyone to nap after being so excited about being home together
4:00- doorbell rings, dinner is getting dropped off
4:45- dinner bringer leaves
5:30-Sam wakes up screaming and inconsolable.
5:35-hard, painful contractions start and continue for the next hour and a half, rendering me useless
5:40- Pat wakes up and finds me a mess and Sam a mess. Takes over for a while and I feel terrible that I'm not currently able to help.
7:05- contractions finally subside. Have Family Home Evening
7:30- start bedtime routine
8:00- Pat and I collapse, glad that the day is finally over.

It was a long one, but so happy we're all home and hope this baby boy's dramatics are just a side-effect of the weekend stresses, not a sign of things to come for a couple weeks!

3 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

oh my! I feel tired just after reading that. I hope you guys all start feeling better. What a crazy week! I'm SO glad Pat was able to come home.

Janell R. Cropper said...

ah, you're so amazing! I wondered if you would have any contractions with your exciting weekend. we'll pray for you that the little man holds off for a couple weeks :)

Claire said...

Christina-I am starting to wonder if Thanksgiving holiday wouldn't be the perfect time to have this baby...Plenty of food and family around to make things more tolerable. I am so sorry for your day, but I am glad you have Pat home. We have been earnestly praying for him. Now it's your turn!