Saturday, November 14, 2009
Updates
Thanks for all the prayers. The nurses said Pat got to the hospital just in time last night and narrowly avoided becoming septic. He had 3 bags of rehydration fluid while in the ER and was still doing terribly. Currently there's a lot of waiting going on. Waiting for results of his H1N1 test, waiting for results of his CT scan earlier today. He doesn't feel like its Crohns related, so we'll see how long we have to stay in the ICU and continue to track down what could be causing it, but his blood pressure is raising and his heart rate is dropping and his fever is gone after spiking again this morning which are all good things. He looks much better right now than when I got here this morning. He's on bag 7 of rehydration fluids but still isn't allowed to eat, but he's gaining more desire to eat which is good. They gave him anti-anxiety meds last night in addition to anti-nausea meds and massive doses of motrin in the ER because his breathing problems seemed similar to hyperventilating. I'm really hoping to transfer out of the ICU soon and out of isolation, but we're still waiting and it may not happen until the morning. I think he'll still be here a good part of the day tomorrow if not into Monday, but hopefully we'll start getting answers soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh my heavens! How scary! I am thinking and praying for you and your family.
I'm serious about dinner. Or...at least babysitting. Can your kids come over to play so you can spend some time sleeping/visiting pat?
Hey friend. My thoughts are with you. I am so sorry you are going through this.
Hoping for the very best and praying he will make a very quick recovery.
Take care of yourself right now, too.
{hugs}
Post a Comment