In the Spirit of Thanksgiving
Let me just tell you how much I love that video (click the link to watch since I'm not smart enough to get the video embedded in my post). And that I cried when I watched it. All 3 times. Definitely the hormones, although I probably would've cried the first time pregnant or not. But it's amazing to see that so many people in so many different circumstances can all find something to be thankful for.
I love thinking about what I'm thankful for. It fills me up in a way that nothing else can, to think of all of the blessings in my life and the fact that they come from a loving Heavenly Father who knows me personally.
Yesterday Pat and I received callings. I got called to my same position in the Relief Society Presidency, but the rest of the presidency changed. Pat is now an assistant clerk. This will be a blessing for us to not tag team to meetings quite as much. I am grateful for opportunities to serve and for the many ways it blesses our family. I'm glad that it's part of our family culture for us to serve and for our kids to see that happening so it can become part of their lives, too. I'm thankful for opportunities all around us to forget ourselves and serve others.
I am grateful for the health that we enjoy. Although that is often one of our largest trials, in the grand scheme of things I know that it could be so much worse. Last weekend was a good reminder to me of the health blessings that we enjoy. Pat said he felt calm the whole time, and I think I remained at a relative calm, but when I listened to some of the things I was saying as I communicated news to family and friends, I'd catch a glimpse of the seriousness of the situation and have a moment of panic. It's not hard to be reminded about how frail our existence is, and I am thankful that Pat is home with us. I can't imagine life without him.
I'm thankful for Addie and Sam. Addie's sensitivity and nurturing and passion for learning are so fun to watch. She is growing up before my eyes, and it's amazing to see her in this process of becoming. Sam's happiness and sense of humor and curiosity are a blessing in our home. He is such a fun boy and will be such a sweet big brother. I'm grateful for the little boy that will soon be joining Addie and Sam. I can't imagine what his personality will be like, but I know he will fit right in with his siblings and bring our family just what we need right now.
I am thankful for family and friends who surround us. I know that Pat would not have recovered nearly as quickly without the prayers of many on our behalf. It's hard for me to be in a position to need help or to have to ask- I'm much too independent for that, but last weekend was truly humbling to realize how many people care and how many were quick to offer support. We felt so blessed to have so many rush to our aid and it made a hard time much more sweet to feel the love of others.
I'm grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. His perfect love is the greatest blessing in my life and the example I hope to follow. Through Him and a loving Heavenly Father I have a foundation to build my life on, and I can't think of a better gift.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wonderful post, christina. one of my favorite things about this time of year is that i realize how much i really DO have.
Post a Comment