This morning's update: H1N1 was negative, so still no ideas what caused the infection, but I think they're not as concerned any more about chasing after it since he's doing so well (although I could be wrong). His blood sugar has returned to normal (it was elevated yesterday). One of the gastro guys in the group he sees is supposed to come over this morning, and his nurse said after that they may let him come home! Hooray!
I'm holding up ok and feel really blessed between family and friends praying for us and all of the help we've received. The biggest nesting task of the weekend was that I was going to clean the carpets with Pat, and I got home last night and Pat's mom had paid for someone to come and do it. She and Chrissy came over and cleaned up some and it was nice to walk in and see things taken care of. The carpets look amazing and it was such a nice surprise. Addie and Sam have been having the time of their lives at Matt and Chrissy's- a dream come true for them to spend so much time living with their favorite aunt and uncle, and I've felt blessed to not have to worry at all about their care. I talked to Addie this morning and she sounded so happy which gives me great peace of mind.
I haven't made it to the hospital yet today so hopefully things will continue to be this good, but it seems like we're definitely on the up and up. Thanks again for all of your prayers and support!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So glad to hear that! I hope it continues to be good news! Blake and I have been praying for you!
I'm just catching up on the news - - what a week for you! Your family is in my prayers. Hang in there!!!
you mean another GI doc from Central Utah Clinic? I see doc thorpe and my brother sees doc dickenson. There are some awesome doctors there :) I hope he got to come home! Or at least will soon. How wonderful to have such great help from friends and family. :)
Christina,
I'm so glad I was able to read this update right before first reading yesterday's news! I am so glad that Pat is doing better. It sounds like things were getting quite bad yesterday! I'm glad you have such a good support system that fell right into place. I hope he gets to come home soon and will continue to mend. I wish I was there and could help in some way. I miss you and will be thinking of you and anxiously awaiting more updates!
Post a Comment