Friday, November 6, 2009

Five for Friday

1. Last night our Relief Society meeting was a hit (minus all the bumps in the road along the way). Cute aprons, delicious food, good company (including old roommates who stopped by since my old boss from the MTC was teaching candy-making), and great classes were the highlights. The theme for the night was food and family, based on this talk from Julie Beck. I loved it! I'll try to forget about the lack of round table tops that have vanished from the building, the supplies for classes that weren't quite right, and my swollen ankles.

2. Today Addie woke up with a fever. I'm 100% confident it's just a cold, but still not fun to have a child who doesn't feel good. The fever seemed to have broken by the time she went to bed tonight, so we'll hope for the best that no one else catches this little bug. Loads of laundry, airing out the house, and disinfecting filled my day today.

3. Sam and I had a conversation today about what he'd like for Christmas. He told me he wants a boy doll house. It comes with girls and boys and dolls and it has a witch's bed. I'm not sure what this could be or how Santa is going to deliver such a lofty/obscure request. I'm hoping a little redirection will help the situation.

4. 36 weeks. Sheer craziness. This pregnancy really has gone quickly, and there's still so much to do before he comes. Hoping to tackle a few more projects this weekend.

5. Even though this week has been busy, I've had a few quiet moments filled with gratitude that have filled me up. Today the sun was beating in my kitchen windows and although it wasn't perfectly clean, I felt such contentment in my home admiring the sunshine. We've been here 4 years now and I'm so grateful for the growth and learning and love that has happened in these walls. I love being at home.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

There is a "doll house" for boys at Costco right now. I want to get it for Danny for Christmas so badly. Maybe his birthday if I just can't wait until December. Go check it out. It doesn't come with witches but it has firemen and policemen. It's like a fire station doll house and so stinkin' cute. And it's wooden. And it's like three stories. And I really want it. I mean Danny really wants it.

Jan said...

I love your comment about being at home -- that's how I feel. I just love being at home. Can't believe your little one will join you so soon -- happy times!!

Carrie said...

Oh, I hope Addie feel better. You do not need another found of sickness when your little man comes. And come on. He needs a boy doll house. With witches.