Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick-or-Trot-or-Treating and Kid News....

I suppose we all indulge each other in shameless posts about our kids or nieces or nephews or grandkids, so prepare to indulge me. And if you don't want to read about how awesome, funny, and cute my kids are, come back when I post again :)

While in Boise, Sam cut his first tooth to welcome home Uncle Ben. Finally! Today he decided to make it a matched set and cut #2. Hopefully we won't see anymore for a little while. He's crawling constantly and making serious tracks. I was making dinner today when I found him no longer in the family room, but way down the hall headed towards the bedrooms. The chase is officially on, but really only in the warming up stages. I've finally jumped on the homemade baby food wagon, and I'm feeling like such an ambitious mom as I puree peas, mash sweet potatoes, and feed my boy some fresher fare. He never made it into his costume yesterday. He has a cold which I 'm hoping to prevent from turning into another ear infection, and he was in bed before we even had our first trick-or-treaters last night.

And now it's my pleasure to introduce the cutest ballerina, "Ballerina Timmy." Addie's parade of imaginary friends is continuing to grow, but she dubbed herself "Ballerina Timmy" when she got dressed up last night. She's yet to discover that Timmy is a boy name. And no, she doesn't have to potty in this picture, she's trying to do a ballerina move, but her knees are together instead of her heels. All day yesterday we practiced what she should say last night when she went "trick-or-trot-or-treating" as she called it. We role-played:
Me: (answering door) Hi, pretty ballerina!
Addie: Trick-or-treat. I want candy.

I tried to reiterate over and over that she can't say the "I want candy" bit. Yes, it may be true, but it sounds so greedy. I shouldn't have worried so much, because she froze up on each of the doors we visited in our cul-de-sac. And may I add, for the first year I allowed her to go trick-or-treating, I'm glad we live in a cul-de-sac so she didn't come home with piles of candy. I can only handle the sugar buzz for a couple of days. Luckily, it's almost gone already!

Other recent Addie funnies include some more serious potty training success. After a good episode with #2 a few days ago, she finished and said "mom, my body is saying thank you." And lately while using the potty, she doesn't want me to come help because her imaginary friend Mr. Rabbit is helping her. I didn't know these imaginary friends could come in so handy! Now if only they could make dinner and clean the house, I could really take it easy ;)

I still have more to share, but my brother's are about to crash my house any minute for the weekend. Hopefully I'll find some blogging time. Adios, mi amigos.

6 comments:

Sharla said...

Wow, Christina-- Sam's blue eyes are to die for! What a handsome little guy!

Ballerina Timmy--tee hee! Could Addie be any more delightful? Oh, and "My body is saying thank you" is downright awesome.

Sounds like you're in for a great weekend--have fun!

Hannah said...

DARLING children!! Anytime you want to talk about your kids...I would want to hear!! I love reading it!

kristin said...

I thought the same as Sharla about Sam's eyes - WOW! What a cutie-pa-tootie!

The trick-or-trot-or-treating was great! Ballerina Timmy was so cute.

Way to go on making your own baby food - I was thinking about that this week, even though that time in my life is still over a year away...I can't wait to grind up those healthy little foods!

Melissa E Photography said...

Ballerina Timmy? HAHA! She has got one active imagination. I bet there is never a dull moment at your house!

YAY for homemade baby food. Parker ate like a horse, so mashed up food was a lifesaver for us. Do you have a baby food grinder? Those little gadgets are the coolest.

Hope your weekend is fabulous!

Jan said...

Your kids are precious. Loved the pics and love hearing about the teeth and the imaginary friend. Kids are great!

Unknown said...

you brag all you want, mama! your kids are fantastic! thanks for sharing!!!