Sorry I've been such a blog slacker. I've been busy prettying up the homestead for the holidays. I must say, it's looking rather festive. I wish I had a little more in my "new decorations" fund, but hopefully by the time the after-Christmas clearances roll around, I can beef up on a some things for next season. I love having my house decorated for Christmas- it feels so much more "done" than when everything is put away, and I love to entertain. I'm hoping for a few big shindigs in the coming month, so we'll see how that works out. I'll keep you posted on all party planning details. Entertaining seems to take double the energy now that I have kids, but it's still something I enjoy!
Now I need to get started on some Christmas shopping. I've started to make lists of who is getting what, now I just need to hunt for deals and complete the actual shopping part of it all. It's serious madness out already, and I'm dreading it. I had to run to Target today for diapers, and it was a zoo! I wish there was a separate section for non-Christmas shoppers so those who just need to pick up an item or two can beat the crowds. I'm hoping to do some shopping on-line to cut down on the craziness, so we'll see how it goes.
Tomorrow night is our book group Christmas party. I need to take a yummy dessert- any suggestions? We read the book A Stranger for Christmas, a good little 60 pager since everyone is starting to get busy with the holidays, and we'll take next month off. I also need to bring a book for a book exchange, so I need to go through my collection to see what I'm done with or if I want to go pick up an extra copy of an old favorite. Hope you've all had a great start to the week!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a great idea..have a seperate section for non Xmas shoppers! I need to start my decor soon too! Have fun planning your shindigs! I'm debating on a cookie exchange at my house...we'll see! Happy Holidays!
fun! What dessert did you end up bringing?
Seperate sections IS genious. It'll of course never happen, but I love the idea:)
Hope you're doing well over there:)
Loved the idea about separate checkouts for diaper/misc./non Christmas shoppers!!
Post a Comment