Saturday, November 10, 2007

Looking Up...

Yesterday was 3 months to the day of Pat losing his job. Last night at 5, Pat got a call from an old co-worker with a job offer. It's a contract to hire job (although they wanted a direct hire, but we hoped for this), which is what we wanted for several reasons- he can make more contracting, we can leave at any time if things aren't working out or if the desired company ever gets things in gear, and it's a safety net if we need it to be. It's close- probably 10 to 15 minutes away depending on traffic. The project they really need him for has a January 1st deadline, so even if things end up stopping then, the other company is looking at a possible 1st Quarter hire, which would hopefully be a January time frame. The only downside is that it's not necessarily the "career move" we were hoping for. It's not totally in the area of his field where he wants to end up, but he's very skilled in this area and will do just fine with it. There is still plenty of time for career moves, and I think we're more comfortable with it being contracted at first so we feel the flexibility to look around. Pat is one of the most loyal employees I've ever met, so he really gives things his best shot before looking for a new job, but with a contract, I don't think he has as much of that pressure of loyalty that he places on himself. It really is a great situation.

I feel such deep gratitude for this blessing. It was nice that we were already going to the temple last night, and could express our thanks quietly while in the sealing room. I have learned so much and grown so much in the last 3 months. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father knows us each so personally. Trials push us to our limits, but we aren't given anything more than we can bear. There is a bigger plan for each of us, and we have to trust in that plan. There are no coincidences or mistakes in His plan for us.

Even though things may still change in a few months, I really feel like this is what is supposed to be happening right now. I have been truly blessed and felt the love of my Father in Heaven more deeply than I have for a while. I hope that I can show my love for Him through my actions every day. Words can't adequately express my current feelings, but humility, love, and gratitude are probably my top 3. Thank you for your prayers and your support during this time for us. It's meant more than you will ever know.

So what do you say, friends. Time for a party? I think so.

7 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

I got a little weepy Christina! How awesome. Yes, it's about time we had a par-TAY!

100 Percent Cottam said...

i'm SO so happy to hear this!!! what wonderful news. i've been worried about you and i don't even know you! how crazy is the bloggin' world? anyway, a big congrats. sounds like not only is everything falling into places, you also learned some really great things. yay.

Mrs. Walker said...

I'm so happy for you! You are so diligent. I definitely think it's time for a party. Perhaps November 16th at 7? Sans Kids?

Jan said...

Yay!! I too have had you in my mind and heart -- anyhow, I'm so happy for you guys! It sounds like the right answer to me -- and with the flexibility it has, it sure seems like time for celebration! I'm thrilled for you!

tara said...

party it up girlie:) you two deserve it. I'm thrilled for you guys. Answer to prayers...for sure:)

kristin said...

I am so happy for you guys! Reading this was just about the best news I have heard in a while - Congrats!

Lupe said...

Party on Christina! I LOVE your outlook on adversity and faith in the Lord. You're such an inspiration!