Friday, November 9, 2007

The Last Nice Weekend?

I must say I've been enjoying the unseasonably warm Fall we've had this year. Mid-60's today? I'll take it! But there's supposed to be a storm rolling in on Sunday, which makes me think this may be the end of the lovely high pressure system that has made this season so delightful. So, my plans for today and tomorrow are to enjoy as much of the great outdoors as we can. I think a picnic in the park today is in order. I need to take a walk to deliver some visiting teaching assignments I still need to pass out. I should pull some more weeds in my flower beds that are still just areas of dirt good for growing weeds. I feel like I've accomplished a lot this week, although not a lot of it has been from my list of goals, so I need to step it up if I'm really going to do those things this week.

One other thing has occupied a good chunk of time this week. In the past, I've listened to every Harry Potter book on tape. I couldn't get into reading them, and Jim Dale is amazing as the reader doing incredible voices for every character. Pat and I would just listen together in the car when we were going various places, especially car trips to Boise. With the kids, it's not as easy to listen now in the car. It's been a while since the book came out, and I still haven't been able to find time to listen. So, I broke down and I've started reading it. I must say I'm not enjoying it quite as much as I think I would were I listening, but I'm glad to be finishing the series in a more timely fashion.

My other weekend highlights will include a sealing assignment tonight and lunch with old roommates tomorrow. Hope you all have a good one!

3 comments:

tara said...

hey. An accomplishment is ALWAYS an accomplishment, wether or not it was on "the list":)
I've missed you lately!!! I loved reading through your blog to catch up on your life.
I thought of you last night while watching the office. SOOOO FLIPPIN FUNNY:)
have a fun roomie lunch:)

Jan said...

Sounds like things are going well -- and I"m glad. Have a great lunch and temple time -- hugs coming your way!

Lupe said...

Don't you love passing out scraps of paper with VT assignments? HP is a good series. I enjoyed reading yet the audio version sounds like a winner too. :)