Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wrapping It Up

Hope everyone has great plans for the night. Ours are a little more low key this year, and I'm loving it. Here's how I'm closing down 2008...

-washing everything I can come up with to wash. Tonight will be the cushion covers of my love seat. It's amazing how much love new appliances can inspire. Especially when they're replacing 20+ year old appliances that had filled the measure of their creation and just didn't quite do the job anymore.

-eating snacky dinners. Edamame and pizza horns are on the menu. Probably some veggies and dip. I need to run to the store and finalize this menu after Sam finishes his nap. I guess the fact that I'm yet to finalize the menu tells you how dedicated I'm feeling to tonight's "celebration."

-contemplating all the ways I need to change, and zeroing in on a few. Last year I listed 10 things to work on throughout the year. Some of those same things remain on the list for this year. I'll share my final list tomorrow.

-hoping to curl up by the fire with a good movie and my best friend. Probably catching a little bit of New Year's Rockin' Eve, per tradition. Probably not making it to midnight- I'm tired, and I've got a new year to start tomorrow. Lots of projects to begin, and some to finish.

-reflecting on all that has been 2008. It's been said by many a wise soul that when a mother, the days are long, but the years are short. I couldn't agree more. This year has felt short. In a couple of weeks my boy will be 2. My girl is now 4. One more precious year of having them all to myself has passed us by. There are many moments I'd like to do-over. And probably just as many moments where I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe a few more 2008 reflections tomorrow, too.

Happy New Year, my friends!

2 comments:

Alison Alleman said...

Thanks for all your fun posts! I love reading them. Sorry I don't comment more - I'm usually on the run when I read them. Thanks for posting some pictures :) I thoroughly enjoy them! Can't wait to hear you 2009 goals :)

Hannah said...

Sounds like a wonderful new years eve. Can't wait to hear about your resolutions.