Monday, December 22, 2008

The 411 on the 4-year-old bash

Addie had a great time at her party Saturday. I thought I'd share a few of the details in case anyone is planning a winter soiree for the younger crowd.

We went with a snow theme with the original intent of playing outside in the snow, but temps that were forecasted not to hit 20 made us change to an indoor snow theme. We started off with some great low key party games: pin the nose on the snowman, snow ball (instead of hot potato, using a bag filled with ice cubes), and a snow ball relay where they tried to keep cotton balls on spoons while racing.

Decorations were a la Candis, I must say. I used poof balls leftover from our Relief Society party, this banner, and a half dozen red and white balloons. I'll share some pics of the poof balls on another post soon.

We had a few fun crafts. I let them loose with glue and cotton balls and instructions to create a snowman on construction paper, and there was some impressive creativity. We also made these (and they turned out too cute, if I do say so myself) and we ran out of time for these, so I think they'll be pulled out as a Christmas day activity.

Lastly, the kids enjoyed these cute and festive treats, although Addie requested pink cupcakes and pink snow (frosting), so ours were a little different.

Watch for some pics coming soon with the birthday girl enjoying party mayhem.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I may copy you a tad for Emma's party. ;)

Shawni said...

Hmmm...I may copy you too for my girl turning five next month...such great ideas! Thanks for saying hi on my blog...hope your Christmas was great.