Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful for...

-twinkly lights. My whole night is made better when I can cuddle up next to the Christmas tree.
-music. I love listening to upbeat tunes making me feel festive, MoTab helping me feel the Spirit, and I love making music fill our home. Playing the piano with my kids and hearing them sing and dance is so much fun. Embarrassingly enough, I teared up this morning singing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with Addie- she looked so grown up dancing around and doing the actions, and I wondered where my baby has gone. Addie was amazed today when I could pick out some well-known Christmas ditties on the piano to help her practice for her pre-school program next week. I appreciate that music can instantly lighten the mood around here.
-fresh produce. I forget how much I miss seasonal things until they reappear. My current love affair with clementines has Addie telling me frequently that I smell like orange, but I can't help myself.
-my kids. I'm in a really introspective place right now as a mom. I am trying to crawl out of the hole that I get in when I dwell on all the things I'm failing at instead of focusing on the things I'm doing right. I don't know how I was so blessed to have such great kids. They really are great. Lately Sam is completely enamored with Addie, and there is nothing more adorable. He walks around singing an I love Addie song he made up (sung to the tune of the primary song We Are Different- how apropos) and he calls for her first thing when he wakes up. Watching their relationship develop is so sweet. Two heads are definitely better than one.
-my Savior. I'm grateful to reflect on his humble beginnings and his perfect example always, but especially at this time of year.

1 comment:

Melissa E Photography said...

Two blogs from Christina in one day? Woohoo!