Tonight I feel...
-like this week has flown by. I can't believe I haven't posted since Monday. Luckily, (knocking on wood), it seems like September got my memo weather-wise.
-fooled by September. I thought the end of summer would bring a predictable schedule without as much going on, but instead the month has filled up quickly. Babies being born, friends getting married, friends coming to visit, church activities, it's all on the calendar. I need to enjoy my quiet moments when I have them!
-a little stuffed from the number of cookies I just consumed. Pat had to work tonight, so Addie and I made cookies together to pass the time. I'm getting ready to brush my teeth in an attempt not to eat anymore. We'll hope it works.
-love for my little family. Addie has said some hilarious things lately. Last night we had a babysitter while we went to stake conference, and after we dropped her off Addie asked if she was a kid or a sister (she's constantly trying to figure out family roles these days). I informed her that our sweet babysitter was both a kid and a sister, but also a teenager. "Oh, a teenager, that's so cool. I've never been a teenager before. Can I be a teenager?" It took me back 20 years to when I wanted to be a teenager when I "grew up."
Sam is found singing a lot these days, but speaking only when it really benefits him. Last weekend we had family over for Pat's birthday and all he wanted to eat was watermelon. He decided to let us know by saying, "I want watermelon", his first real sentence besides "Hi, (insert name here)." So surprising that the kid with such limited language could spit out watermelon so clearly.
-overwhelmed that Addie is starting preschool this week. I'm sure there will be more posts to come on the matter since just typing it produces a lump in my throat. Last night I was laying in bed worrying- since we missed any sort of back to school night (didn't receive mail about it for some odd reason) should I call and arrange a classroom tour so she knows what to do day 1? Is she going to meltdown and be shy, or make new friends easily and totally blossom? How early will we have to leave to walk the 2 1/2 blocks over there? Am I really sending her to pre-school?!? Although she's a few months away from 4, she'll be in the 3 year old class, and I know she's more than ready. I'm the one who's not ready. Hopefully I'll be able to post on Thursday that I feel really good about her first day!
-a desire to try a little harder and be a little better. We had regional conference today, and the adult session of stake conference last night. I always love the Saturday night session because it's the one where I'm guaranteed to get something since I'm not fully occupied trying to entertain my kids and keep them reverent and listen in the process. Last night was no different, and I came away with a list of things I need to work on. Regional conference today was cool to think about the number of people participating in just two counties. Pat calculated it was about 4% of the membership of the church, and about 8% of the number of missionaries serving are from participating stakes. But aside from those statistics, we heard inspiring messages from amazing church leaders. I am so grateful for their counsel and the blessings that come from trying to follow that counsel.
Happy Sunday
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's how I"m feeling these days too -- first, that time is going way too fast (how can it be Septmber 8 today??) and that I have this huge desire to do and to be better. Loved your thoughts.
Good luck with pre-school this week! Addie will do great! I enjoyed conference, too. The adult session was interesting...never knew that a patriarch could do a "do-over" on a blessing. Sunday morning was crazy as usual...it was so hard to entertain 3 kids for 2 hours in the dark. We finally started sending them on "reverent walks" around the building...
So excited for preschool!!!!!! I am so happy that James has Addie for a friend, and quite frankly, that I have you!
amen.
Post a Comment