I would be remiss if I didn't thank you for the good times we had. It really was quite lovely. I loved the stages my kids were in- Sam trying so hard to make it on the trike and running barefoot halfway around the cul-de-sac before I know he's gone and singing to himself as h e plays and continuing to charm my socks off. Addie taking off on her bike and making shapes out of clouds and loving us all fiercely and choosing which clothes to wear over and over all summer long and marveling at the miracles contained in seeds. So many picturesque lazy days spent with hoses and bubbles and fireworks and parks and parades and picnics. It was the first summer I wasn't pregnant or nursing in 4 years, and that fact alone made it fabulous. It was so manageable to cart my little brood of two around to paint our little town. There were parties and friends and laughter. There was exercise and grilling and homemade ice cream. I bid you a fond farewell. I'll eagerly anticipate your arrival next year, but because I can't live my life in the future, I suppose I'll enjoy the lingering produce and farmer's tan and embrace fall.-C
{image via}

5 comments:
It's been a busy, fun summer. We don't get much of the feel of fall here (although it is cooling some) -- but just the idea of the seasonal change is a good one.
While I love the colors, scents, and cooler whether in the fall, I'm really going to miss the long days. I love sunshine. Add add my farewell to the summer as well.
Summer was awesome. I will try not to dread the upcoming winter. I haven't been successful at that so far.
What a great Ode to the hot and slow season!
and I'm sorry about your car :(
I'm wiping away tears. Saying goodbye to summer is so emotional!
Post a Comment