1 2 1/2 year old boy
1 4 1/2 year old girl
1 35 week pregnant mother
1 Phil and Ted stroller
1 bag packed with treats, hand sanitizer, drinks, books, coloring supplies, wipes and a diaper
1 long line, unsure of where it ends
Stand in what seems to be the end of the line. Wait 45 minutes. Be grateful that the prayer for patience has worked so far. Mix a dash of "needs to potty" with 4 1/2 year old girl. Add a bold man standing behind you who lets you know after 45 minutes that you actually cut in line and he had been in line almost 3 hours. Refrain from crying and telling him how pregnant the woman in the equation is, the fact that the woman's husband has a suppressed immune system due to a chronic illness, or the fact that 2 children will have a new sibling soon. Wonder what qualifies said man to be in the line and why he didn't tell you sooner so you could have found the correct spot to wait. Take children to the bathroom. Attempt to return to find the back of the line, only to be informed the line has closed and they're out of vaccine. Take patient children for a happy meal. Go to the bank. Stir in snow vigorously. Stop at Target to pick up diapers. Go in quickly, getting cold and soaked in the process. Find diapers. Return home feeling defeated.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
oh my heavens!! How horrible. Call your pediatrician! Both my kids were vaccinated for the swine flu today with no wait, but they only had 100 doses. Yours may have some too!
This kind of makes me want to cry.
And what is up with the line police 45 mins after the fact?
Oh Christina! It's horrible! I can't believe it. What a nightmare. We were running around for 4.5 hours ourselves. Somehow I still need to go to Kohlers, Partyland, and now Target again. And with Matt never home until late late, there's no chance of sneaking out in the evening. Oh boy. Anyway, our pediatrician office said they are expecting more vaccines next week. I'm planning on calling everyday from Monday to try to make a nurses appt once they get it. (but not the N1H1 vaccine).
I mean to say, I don't think they are getting the N1H1 vaccine there at the pediatrician's office.
Yes, we were in line today at the county health dept. for H1N1. Our pediatrician is not getting any H1N1 but will be getting regular flu shots (which my kids also still need currently). Our current stats- 2/4 with regular flu shot done. 0/4 with H1N1 shot done. And the nurse at the ped's office recommended I home school Addie and pull her out of preschool due to Pat's health. Lovely.
I'm so sorry! That sounds like a horrible, horrible experience. I hope that you are able to find it soon!
i am so sorry - that sounds terrible. i have been thinking about you so much lately -- we are living in AF with my aunt and uncle for a few more weeks (maybe a month?). and my cousin who also lives here in AF, her hubby has crohns and just had a really scary experience involving a rupturing bowel and sepsis, lots of surgeries, and LOTS of hospital time (about a month still). so yeah, i have been thinking hopeful thoughts for you guys that you will all stay healthy. :)
Christina!!! HEY!
This post is so so sad! I would have slapped that man. not really... but geez!
So... I saw the big fat line last weekend for the swine flew- and pretty much have similar circumstances, but my baby is immunosupressed.
Stinkin Swine flu! I'm sorry it was such a nightmare.
Ok- so remember how we were married on the same day, and stayed and the Inn, AND went to the same place on our honey moon.. and I think there was something else.
It's fun to hear from you!!!
You deserve a break(down) today. What a disaster! I hope the swine flu stays away from your house.
Post a Comment