Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Musings

1. Halloween is usually my one time of year to indulge a little on buying candy (so many sales and coupons, how can I resist having treats on hand?). This week I went to Target to start building up my stash. I was so excited to come home and dig into one of my favorites- Take 5 bars. The pretzel, chocolate, peanut butter, caramel deliciousness has given me heartburn every time I've had one. I'm trying to curb my sweet tooth, but I'm really ticked about it.

2. Sam has started waking up during the night, a behavior he hasn't done regularly since he was a newborn, and currently a behavior usually reserved for feeling sick. Sickness hasn't been the cue for his wakefulness, this time. Three nights ago he was sure there was a fly in his bed. I was not hip on fly eradication at 4 am, so I allowed him to come in my bed and we proceeded to be awake for the next 2 hours while Pat migrated to the couch. Last night he claimed there was a bug in his bed. I assured him there was not and made him tough it out. I don't think "The Little Sam who Cried Fly" or "The Little Sam who Cried Bug" are destined for the best-seller charts anytime soon, and the only prize they may collect is the prize of sleep-deprived and grumpy parents. I'm hoping there will be no more sequels in this series- it's run its course.

3. I have a date. For induction, that is. If things haven't happened already (and I'm crossing my fingers that they will), then our new babe in arms will be here December 2nd. There's a lot to do between now and then. A. LOT. The most pressing items for this week include readying some Halloween costumes (Addie has changed her mind once again on what she'd like to be) and preparing a lesson for Sunday since it's my turn to teach Relief Society. And notice that while both of these items are important, they make no mention of the million nesting tasks I feel compelled to take on currently. And they also make no mention of the fact that as the snow falls tomorrow so will my motivation to do anything. Better go make the most of a sunny day, perfect for some errand running and post-weekend cleaning.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

oh my heavens! you are so very close! a little over a month. time flies, doesn't it?

i know what you mean about candy. we bought our bag at the beginning of the month. it is almost gone. better make a run to Target myself.

Cathy said...

Take 5 is my favorite!

Jan said...

It's almost time - can't believe it. I know you'll be ready.

As for the candy -- I did my candy shopping at Costco (probably a mistake) -- so I have plenty.