Sunday, October 18, 2009

Two lessons on Sunday

Addie and Sam both had insights at church today that made me smile.

During sacrament meeting Addie leaned over and asked, "Why does Heavenly Father invite us to His house every week?" This led to a whispered discussion about keeping the Sabbath day holy and worship and obedience. Her thought processes are so fun to watch right now and her little testimony is becoming more and more firmly rooted. It's so rewarding as a parent to see her grow spiritually.

Sam is back on the loving nursery track and has been running to his cute Chilean teachers as soon as sacrament meeting is over because he wants to go to class with them. He's even said he's thankful for nursery in his prayers and blesses all of his nursery teachers. Today he came home telling me all about his lesson about Noah. I think he missed out on the animals part a little because he was much more interested in the people who were on the boat, but maybe he's thinking of his own Noah's ark toy and all the Little People he tries to cram in the boat. He also mentioned something about the boat tipping over, and he cracked me up when he said that Noah gave the people umbrellas. "That covers you when it's raining, Mom," said like of course I couldn't have learned such a thing already.

Oh, these kids. Some Sundays really stink as a parent and make you wonder why you try, especially when so much of the meetings are spent in the hall. Sundays like today make me realize that it's all worth it. Hopefully I'll have a few more like this before I'm back to life in the hall and the mother's room in a couple months.

4 comments:

Ella said...

That is so cute! But I am excited to be bumping into you in the mother's room soon.

bryceandjamie said...

I love their little comments! Good luck with the last few months of your pregnancy!

Cathy said...

It's funny to hear what Sam actually heard from my lesson. I wasn't sure anyone was listening so it's nice to hear that he was, and then putting his own little spin on it. I think the part about the boat tipping over was from the 10 Little Indians song (changed to 10 Little Pumpkins for the fall season). He was totally into it. The second verse goes a little like this: Put 'em in a boat and the boat tips over...reapeated three times. No mention about Noah's boat tipping over, just the pumpkins. And by the way, Sam waved at me in Sacrament Meeting!

Suzie said...

If you ask me, those lessons have sincere depth.
Love it!