Saturday, October 17, 2009

Six on Saturday

1. So grateful for warm weather this weekend! We decided it would be a great last chance to cook our favorite pulled pork, so we're looking forward to a delicious lunch today with Pat's family. Also in the line-up is some yard work, hopefully a tree planting, and maybe even a trip to the park for an hour. Ah, fall. As long as you don't bring back the 4 letter s word anytime soon, we might actually remain on good terms for a change.

2. Pat's parents and Matt and Chrissy made it back safely from Sweden this week. They had a great time, and we're excited everyone is home. Even more exciting was the treasures they brought us! The most gorgeous scarf, sweet monthly illustrated cards that will look so cute framed and rotated monthly, a fantastic tablecloth, and a fun reusable bag were all sweetly gifted, and I'm grateful to have generous and thoughtful family members.

3. On today's lunch menu is this mouth-watering recipe for dessert. I can't wait to try these out!

4. Laundry mountain is out of control. I've completed 3 loads of laundry and haven't folded a lick, just piled it higher. Now the basket is too heavy for me to heft around, so I'm going to have to split it up anyway. Most of the time laundry is just fine, and I hate when I let it go like this. Restoring order to the laundry room will hopefully be accomplished soon, too. I can't handle it much longer!

5. We had a blast this week at the Scarecrow Festival. I'm really good in my role as uptight mom who sticks to a schedule, and it was really nice to just let that go for the day. Addie was thrilled to get her face painted, Sam was thrilled to ride on a little toy train, both kids were happy with bounce houses and pony rides and wagon rides and games and lunch at the end. I'm starting to have that nostalgia that comes when a new baby is coming- I only have so much time left as a family of 4, and although I'm sure we'll wonder what we did without this new little guy, I've really enjoyed our little quartet for the past almost 3 years. I'm nervous to tip the balance, excited to see what his personality will add to our family, and I'm sure there will be moments when it's bittersweet to leave behind the 4 of us to become the 5 of us.

6. Did I mention we're at about 6 weeks to go? We've started talking about induction dates, and if I go that route then baby boy will join us probably 6 weeks from Monday. This is both exciting and terrifying to me, especially when I look at my to do list. I'm sure in about 4 weeks I'll just be excited because I'll be really uncomfortable. Until then, I'm sure I'll be busy!

Hope you're all having gorgeous weather this weekend!

2 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

You have 6 weeks left? WHAT? That's so soon! You better break your no picture streak and post some pictures for me to see the little bean!

Alison Alleman said...

I'm impressed that you're still able to run around so much! I'm so excited for your baby boy to come! Good luck with everything! I need to come by and help you with some things...like maybe the laundry :)