I'm sure it's true at your house too, the holidays are in full swing around here. We have two parties this week, three parties next week (one of which is my BIL's birthday party), Addie's birthday the following week, and then Christmas! I'm trying to keep the balance of getting things done but still slowing down to enjoy the season. Last night I watched the Christmas devotional, and it was followed by old episodes of Music and the Spoken Word Christmas mini-concerts. It was such a nice treat to enjoy the music of the season as sung by the MoTab while I loaded the dishwasher, picked up toys, and did my other rituals in putting the house to bed. My MIL got us tickets to the Christmas concert in a couple of weeks, and I'm so excited to go. It's something I always enjoy- who can resist good Christmas tunes?
My favorite activity to slow down is to sit by the tree. Our tree is in our living room, so I don't have a lot of cozying around it time because the bulk of our time is spent in the family room. Sometimes I bring someone to enjoy the Christmas tree splendor with- last night it was Addie, some nights it's Pat, and Sam needs his first Christmas cuddles too before all is said and done, but I also enjoy the nights after everyone is in bed and I'm by myself with the tree. I don't take a lot of time to be alone and ponder and meditate, but for some reason the Christmas tree helps me accomplish this. I'll have to post a picture of the tree soon and attach it to this post. If you're not already enjoying some time to be cozy around your tree, I highly recommend it.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Wonderful thoughts. There is something calming about lights and pretty decorations. A Christmas tree makes a home feel more like a home.
What a party girl you are! Sounds like good fun.
I love your idea of a tree time-out. Ours is in the family room-- I might have to kick everyone out so the tree and I can have some alone time. :)
I missed the Christmas devotional. :( Bummer!
I'm with you on the tree...for some reason, I can sit there and think about life forever.
It is lovely to spend the time sitting and looking at the tree, isn't it? Especially with some beautiful music going in the background. Can I say (again!) that I love, love, love this time of year?!
I also love the lights and ambiance created from Christmas lights. It is so peaceful.
By the way, I love your idea about the neighbor gift/food drive party - how brilliant, and wonderful to be serving and having fun at the same time!
it's almost hypnotic, isn't it? I could sit and chill by the darned thing for hours on end:)
I'm glad you are feelin' the Christmas spirit this year. You've had a tough one.
It's so nice to have that little bit of time by the tree to soak in the magic of the holiday. :)
Cozy time to ponder in front of a beautiful tree sounds wonderful and peaceful!
Post a Comment