You'll have to forgive my lack of posting. The week feels like a blur. It's not like I could even nail down the things that have kept me busy, nevertheless, it's been busy. Let me see if I can recap.
The kids have definitely contributed to my busyness this week. Addie and I have had some rough days together. I think she's having a hard time adjusting to Pat contracting and not being home everyday like he has been for the past few months. The earlier part of the week was much worse, but we've started to smooth things out some. She's just sooooo emotional and then has gotten so feisty when she hasn't gotten her way. She reduced me to tears on Tuesday (or was it Wednesday?) just feeling like I don't now how to meet her needs when she's breaking down so much and being so frustrated to wake up everyday to get beat up by my toddler. Don't worry, things are improving, but I've been reminded at how hard parenting really is. Babies are a piece of cake, it's these toddlers that are the struggle! But who knows, I'll probably be ready to trade my teens for toddlers by the time I get to that stage. ;)
Last night we had our Relief Society Christmas party. It was nice to get out of the house and into the Christmas spirit. After it was done, I did a Target trip and started chipping away at some more Christmas shopping. I still have a lot to do, but it's coming along. Today I'm hoping to knock out an Amazon.com order and an LL Bean order- ah how I love internet shopping!
One of my friends from college called Wednesday to let me know she'd be in town this weekend for a wedding, so she's staying with us. She arrived last night and will leave Saturday, but it's fun to have a chance to see her. Addie keeps calling her Amy instead of her real name, Heather, because she just can't shake her love for my high school friend that we stayed with on our trip to Idaho.
Next week is going to be a blur. We have BIL's birthday Sunday, our neighborhood party Monday, ward party Wednesday, MoTab concert Friday, friends over for dinner on Saturday, step-brother's farewell Sunday...it's a whirlwind! I'm hoping I'll find more time to blog though, I still need to take pics of my Christmas decor! I've got to get serious about finishing some shopping this weekend. I must admit, the inclement weather here is less than inspiring. Hope you're keeping up with everything and still finding time to enjoy the season!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
my bet is that addie is totally normal for her age. maya was extremely difficult from about 18 months to 3 or 3 1/2 and she still gives me a run for her money. it's such a learning process, for both of us...
Life is moving at full speed for us now too and shows no sign of slowing down till Christmas is over. Hang on -- the ride is fun! As for Addie -- just keep on loving her. It's a hard period for them and for you.
I'm really worried about how I'm going to handle Park once he hits 3ish. I've heard that's when the "terrible twos" really kick in! I'm sorry Addie is going through a rough phase! At least it's just a phase though, right?
You are so busy!
Isn't it crazy how December hits and then it's January! Here's to hoping you can get everything done! (And attend our little party! ;) )
Funny Addie! What a cute age though. :)
I am jealous of all the snow you guys are getting. Logan keeps getting missed in these big storms that hit northern utah. :( We have zero snow right now...
Addie sounds like she's going through what my little Max has been. Don't you seriously want to just shoot yourself some days?! Maybe we should get the little monsters together to entertain each other! :)
Post a Comment